Cranking in '07 - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

Post subject: Cranking in '07
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:10 pm 

Colonel

Hey Guys

I looks like we're in for another banner year. I know lots of you are stock market genuises so how about a few tips from the crowd?

I'm thinking about learing a little trading. Any suggestions?

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:25 am 
General

Hi Curtis,

I have a good stock tip, but unfortunately it only applies in The Netherlands as far as I know. The stocks of all the maritime engineers here have been going up for months now, and are predicted to keep doing so. I guess global warming, and the subsequent rise in water level, are paying off!

Kind regards,
Charl

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:14 am 

Colonel

Hey Charl thanks for the tip! So what are the maritime engineers working on new dikes and sea walls to stem the flow of rising ocean levels or something? Do you invest in these companies? Any company names you can think of to steer me in the right direction for research? Thanks bro.

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:58 am 

General

Looks like this gravy train is just gonna keep roll'n along. At this rate we'll probably hit 13,000 on the DOW by July. Ye-ha!

Check out the price of oil too. One thing I was glad to hear Bush talk about in the SotU Address was weaning ourselves off of foreign oil. We need to wean ourselves off of Illegals here too.

Just like the PhDs that told us that last summer/fall would be the worst in history and we had none (thankfully - I'm in the Melbourne, FL area), the brainiac market pundits swore we'd have $100/barrel oil by now and $5/gal at the pumps. I'm paying $2.05.

So who REALLY knows what's going on? Nobody?

Don't think I'll be going to the beach today. With global warming and all, it'll hit about 55 today. Normal is 72. 'Nuf said.

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:57 am 

General

Whereas here in Yearp, there was supposed to be no-one left to buy gas anyways, since we were all supposed to be long dead from H5N1 bird flu.
I am a consultant paid to get my stuff right. So why are those doh-brains who came up with those way-out predictions paid even chewed dates?

Puzzled.

Posted  11/12/2012