POLL - Is Obama's $150M Coronation Excessive? - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

Post subject: POLL - Is Obama's $150M Coronation Excessive?
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:38 am 

General

In a time of global recession and job loss Obama is planning a $150,000,000 party, including more than 40,000 security personnell. Does anybody other than me think that's ridiculous?

I remember the press making a big deal of Bush's $40M inauguration.

The same ones now dismiss this event as historic. Let's see what qualifies as historic: A 1/2-black man raised by White folks got elected president, running against an old White guy RINO whom most people did not like. That's historic alright, but not for what it is being pitched as.

What do you think?

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:13 am 

Captain

I think the given answers are quite tendentious and biased

> including more than 40,000 security personnell.
The millions visitors have had come anyway, so it's better to be prepared.

I am not surprised about the costs for the party, but about the costs during your election campaigns and I really don't want to know how much money was spent.

Posted  11/12/2012