TI/Chipcon CC1100 and chip antenna - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

wojc0008
Post subject: TI/Chipcon CC1100 and chip antenna
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:53 pm

Lieutenant

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm trying to use the CC1100/CC1150 in a keyfob (keychain). Does anyone know if I need to match antennas like the Tricome chip antennas (or even a PCB trace antenna)? https://www.tricome.com/Products/Product_01.asp

Can anyone just comment on how to hook up a chip antenna to a differential output chip like the CC1100/CC1150/CC2500/CC2550? If I need to match the antenna, what is the easiest piece of equipment to do it with. I have access to just about anything.

I want to use 433MHz to get further distance than the CC2500 2.4GHz.

Thanks!

Jamie

Posted  11/12/2012