? ground plane for base 800mhz antenna - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

dpatrick51
 Post subject: ? ground plane for base 800mhz antenna
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:48 pm 
I have a 800mhz radio system we use around the farm land and the base antenna is just a mobile antenna with a center load 2.0gain i was wondering if i install a ground plane on the antenna woulkd it make it more effecient or would i benefit from it and also are there plans out there somewhere showing how to build one. and quite frankly i would like to know just what a ground plane does, i am not very tech minded. any help would be greatly appreciated. please e mail me at d_patrick@earthlink.net, thanks

Posted  11/12/2012