Agilent 5086-7249 - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

nubbage
 Post subject: Agilent 5086-7249
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:39 pm 

General

Hi All

I have unsuccessfully been trying to trace details of this PIN (?) diode modulator/switch.

Perhaps it was not a public domain product release by HP.

Is there anyone who is/was on the "inside" who can help?

Trev

At bottom, life is all about

Sucking in and blowing out.

Kirt Blattenberger
 Post subject: Re: Agilent 5086-7249
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:56 pm 

Site Admin

Greetings nubbage:

I assume that oyu searched on HP 5086-7249 and found the following URL. It is a calibration service that might be willing to share some information with you if you contact them. Or not.

https://www.calright.com/_coreModules/eS ... sterID=920

This appeared in the closed auctions on e-Bay (maybe that's where you got it?). It at least provides info on where it came from.

Hewlett Packard Modulator/Amplifier P/N. 5086-7249 Removed from 86240B 2-8GHz RF plug-in.

- Kirt Blattenberger 

RF Cafe Progenitor & Webmaster

nubbage
 Post subject: Re: Agilent 5086-7249
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 am 

General

Hi Kirt

Guilty: I was that crazed ebay buyer with dollars burning a hole in my plastic.

There was virtually no info with the item, just instructions how to pay up reliably and quickly.

Thanks for the info. I remember now, I was on a frustratingly slow GPRS wireless connection and lost patience with the search engine, which has shown me a load of irrelevance that collected in a pile on the cyber floor. I definitely used Agilent as a key word and not HP. I guess I am not the first or last to be frustrated by marketeers coming up with good ideas like changing a huge brand name for something obscure.

I will try those dudes you suggest, and see what gives. Basically I am constructing a wide-range heterodyne sweeper (1 to 12.4GHz) and need to AM the resulting output using a wide-band PIN modulator. I seemed it might fit the bill.

Thanks again.

At bottom, life is all about

Sucking in and blowing out.

Posted  11/12/2012