GEORGE R. WILMER
Huntsville, Alabama (267)
Radio Frequency, Electromagnetic Interference,
Design, Integration, Test; Board
Level to System Level Architect
• Project Engineering & Proposal
Development • Systems Engineering
• EMI Design
and Mitigation • RF Design: 3 MHZ to 42 GHZ
Research & Development Engineering • Risk Assessment
• Program Management • Communication
• Multilingual (English, French &
German) • FCC Parts 15 & 90 Compliance
• Wireless: RFID, Bluetooth,
802.11x, ZigBee, 802.16x, Trunked/conventional LMR,
• EME / Environmental: per DO-160,
MIL-461, MIL-462, MIL-810, HIRF (TILE, TESEQ software
• Avionics: DO-181, DO-186A, ED-23B, FAR
• Antenna Design: UHF/VHF/ FM - slot array,
cavity back resonators, panel antennas
DoD, FAA, NASA, NOAA, Public Safety & Law Enforcement,
Homeland Security, Public Utilities, Transportation,
WILMER ENGINEERING Huntsville, AL
/ Principal Consultant 1993 - Present
technical and cost consultation relevant to the
800 MHz Rebanding Project, saving the prime contractor
over $1 billion dollars versus original pricing.
• Technical lead on major railroad proposals to
transition land mobile radio systems from 25 KHz
to 6.25 KHz.
• As a Subject Matter Expert, responsible
to insure Part 90 compliance of a developing Software
Defined Radio by analyzing schematics and specifications.
• Developed EMI, Lightning, Power Quality and
Environmental test procedures.
• Conducted and
witnessed tests pursuant to DO-160, MIL-461, MIL-462,
MIL-810 and other relevant specs.
for performance testing and validation of new VHF
• Developed broadband (WiMAX) solutions
for Homeland Security and Public Safety apps.
• Designed radio system upgrades for major utility
companies to include LMR and microwave systems.
• Broadcast antenna systems design and development.
Clients of Wilmer Engineering have included:
• ARINC • Harris RF Communications Division
Goodrich Interior Lighting Systems • Hamilton Sundstrand
• Honeywell Aerospace • The Round Table Group
• Wulfsberg Electronics • East Ohio Gas Company
• Sanmina-SCI Defense / Aerospace • inCode Wireless
• Eclipse Aviation • Northeast Utilities
Collins Avionics • DynCorp / CSC
Systems Wyndmoor, PA
Staff Systems Engineer
2005 – 2007
• Responsible to lead teams in developing
communication systems for Homeland Security, C3
as well as US allies’ applications.
focus on communication systems’ interoperability
and IP-based solutions.
• Developed requirements
traceability matrix, risk assessment; worked as
part of senior management team on bid captures.
• Strong interaction with cross functional teams
to include Program Management and Business Development.
• Translated system level documents from French
to English, developing system specs for evaluating
domestic products for applicability for a radar
Ericsson-GE Lynchburg, VA
Systems Engineer 1993
• System level design of
trunked LMR systems for international applications
in Thailand and Taiwan to include evaluating requirements
and architecting technical solutions.
equipment lists, developed acceptance test procedures
and coverage verification plan.
design reviews and presentations to international
government, military and public safety officials.
Sverdrup Technology NASA Lewis Research Center
Sr. Communications Engineer 1991 - 1992
Spectrum Manager to NASA Center responsible for
all RF systems including LMR, satellite and microwave.
• Redesign of the conventional LMR to wideband trunked
o Conducted site survey and coverage
o Developed a SOW and analyzed proposals
for a new trunked radio system.
o Assisted NASA
in technology selection of the new system.
Served as the vendor-to-NASA interface for the turnkey
• Responsible for new technology analysis,
testing and implementation.
Systems Fort Wayne, IN / Ashburn, VA
Engineer 1979 – 1990
• Research and development
of DoD satellite communication systems (3 MHz –
• Board level design of RF, microwave,
analog and digital circuitry.
• Expertise in
transceiver, synthesizer, power distribution, spread
spectrum design and techniques.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY Ft Wayne, IN
Coursework, 3.1 GPA
(BSEE Candidate, 13 Credits
Remaining for Completion)
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
Electrical Engineering Coursework,
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS &
CCDA – Cisco Certified Design Associate
(in process of completing)
IEEE – Institute of
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Member