GEORGE R. WILMER
Huntsville, Alabama (256)
Radio Frequency, Electromagnetic Interference,
Design, Integration, Test; Board
Level to System Level Architect
• Project Engineering & Proposal
Development • Systems Engineering
• EMI Design
and Mitigation • RF Design: 3 MHZ to 42 GHZ
Research & Development Engineering • Risk Assessment
• Program Management • Communication
• Multilingual (English, French &
German) • FCC Parts 15 & 90 Compliance
• Wireless: RFID, Bluetooth,
802.11x, ZigBee, 802.16x, Trunked/conventional LMR,
• EME / Environmental: per DO-160,
MIL-461, MIL-462, MIL-810, HIRF (TILE, TESEQ software
• Avionics: DO-181, DO-186A, ED-23B, FAR
• Antenna Design: UHF/VHF/ FM - slot array,
cavity back resonators, panel antennas
DoD, FAA, NASA, NOAA, Public Safety & Law Enforcement,
Homeland Security, Public Utilities, Transportation,
WILMER ENGINEERING Huntsville, AL
/ Principal Consultant 1993 - Present
technical and cost consultation relevant to the
800 MHz Rebanding Project, saving the prime contractor
over $1 billion dollars versus original pricing.
• Technical lead on major railroad proposals to
transition land mobile radio systems from 25 KHz
to 6.25 KHz.
• As a Subject Matter Expert, responsible
to insure Part 90 compliance of a developing Software
Defined Radio by analyzing schematics and specifications.
• Developed EMI, Lightning, Power Quality and
Environmental test procedures.
• Conducted and
witnessed tests pursuant to DO-160, MIL-461, MIL-462,
MIL-810 and other relevant specs.
for performance testing and validation of new VHF
• Developed broadband (WiMAX) solutions
for Homeland Security and Public Safety apps.
• Designed radio system upgrades for major utility
companies to include LMR and microwave systems.
• Broadcast antenna systems design and development.
Clients of Wilmer Engineering have included:
• ARINC • Harris RF Communications Division
Goodrich Interior Lighting Systems • Hamilton Sundstrand
• Honeywell Aerospace • The Round Table Group
• Wulfsberg Electronics • East Ohio Gas Company
• Sanmina-SCI Defense / Aerospace • inCode Wireless
• Eclipse Aviation • Northeast Utilities
Collins Avionics • DynCorp / CSC
DRS C3 Systems Wyndmoor, PA
Staff Systems Engineer 2005 – 2007
to lead teams in developing communication systems
for Homeland Security, C3 as well as US allies'
• Significant focus on communication
systems' interoperability and IP-based solutions.
• Developed requirements traceability matrix, risk
assessment; worked as part of senior management
team on bid captures.
• Strong interaction with
cross functional teams to include Program Management
and Business Development.
• Translated system
level documents from French to English, developing
system specs for evaluating domestic products for
applicability for a radar program.
Sr. Systems Engineer 1993
System level design of trunked LMR systems for international
applications in Thailand and Taiwan to include evaluating
requirements and architecting technical solutions.
• Generated equipment lists, developed acceptance
test procedures and coverage verification plan.
• Conducted design reviews and presentations
to international government, military and public
Sverdrup Technology NASA
Lewis Research Center
Sr. Communications Engineer
1991 - 1992
• RF Spectrum Manager to NASA Center
responsible for all RF systems including LMR, satellite
• Redesign of the conventional
LMR to wideband trunked technology.
site survey and coverage analysis.
a SOW and analyzed proposals for a new trunked radio
o Assisted NASA in technology selection
of the new system.
o Served as the vendor-to-NASA
interface for the turnkey solution
for new technology analysis, testing and implementation.
Magnavox Government Systems Fort Wayne, IN /
Electrical Engineer 1979 – 1990
• Research and development of DoD satellite communication
systems (3 MHz – 42 GHz).
• Board level design
of RF, microwave, analog and digital circuitry.
• Expertise in transceiver, synthesizer, power distribution,
spread spectrum design and techniques.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY Ft Wayne, IN
Coursework, 3.1 GPA
(BSEE Candidate, 13 Credits
Remaining for Completion)
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
Electrical Engineering Coursework,
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS &
CCDA – Cisco Certified Design Associate
(in process of completing)
IEEE – Institute of
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Member