Why so hard to find 802.11 field engineers? - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

H. Edward Hunter

Post subject: Why so hard to find 802.11 field engineers?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:34 pm

Excuse the attempt at a punny Username (H ed Hunter) :lol:

Seriously, though, I have been looking for field applications engineers for my client company's 802.11a/b/g product line (semiconductor fab house), and it is nearly impossible to find experienced, highly qualified engineers.

The coverage area includes the Americas, Taiwan, China and Europe (in other words, just about the entire Earth). I have reqs for many such people, but cannot find the right candidate.

I'm told these guys can name their price and terms, but I have not even been able to contact one of them.

Does anyone out there know where to seek out and find such talent?

Thanks for you assistance.

Joe Cellular

Post subject:

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:48 pm

Hedward, got an email ? Joe C

Andre

Post subject:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:52 pm

Could you send me a description of the job?

I have 3 years experience in 802.11a/b/g, and overall 20 years experience.

Thanks.

alochin@yahoo.com

Puck

Post subject: hard to find

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:35 pm

Without personal bias, it is not hard to find.

I have 20y in wireless, 3 years in OFDM and 10years in spread spectrum R&D, chief Scientist. This is not enough to convice them.

I used Philips simulation software and many others.

Every company thinks the software they use is unique and best in the world. The question goes - do you know puff, Ansoft, air, ads, eagleCrash or do you have 20 years experince in ultra wideband? They think single person is capable to know only single software package.

What can help open their eyes? Ask them if they have more advanced products than Philips. :roll:

Dave

Posted  11/12/2012