Electronics World articles Popular Electronics articles QST articles Radio & TV News articles Radio-Craft articles Radio-Electronics articles Short Wave Craft articles Wireless World articles Google Search of RF Cafe website Sitemap Electronics Equations Mathematics Equations Equations physics Manufacturers & distributors Engineer Jobs LinkedIn Crosswords Engineering Humor Kirt's Cogitations RF Engineering Quizzes Notable Quotes Calculators Education Engineering Magazine Articles Engineering software RF Cafe Archives RF Cascade Workbook 2018 RF Symbols for Visio - Word Advertising RF Cafe Forums Magazine Sponsor RF Cafe RF Electronics Symbols for Visio RF Electronics Symbols for Office Word RF Electronics Stencils for Visio Sponsor Links Saturday Evening Post NEETS EW Radar Handbook Microwave Museum About RF Cafe Aegis Power Systems Anritsu Alliance Test Equipment Amplifier Solutions Anatech Electronics Axiom Test Equipment Berkeley Nucleonics Bittele Centric RF Conduct RF Copper Mountain Technologies Empower RF everything RF Exodus Advanced Communications Innovative Power Products ISOTEC KR Filters Lotus Systems PCB Directory Rigol RF Superstore San Francisco Circuits Reactel RFCT TotalTemp Technologies Triad RF Systems Windfreak Technologies Withwave LadyBug Technologies Wireless Telecom Group Sponsorship Rates RF Cafe Software Resources Vintage Magazines Thank you for visiting RF Cafe!
Windfreak Technologies Frequency Synthesizers - RF Cafe

anyone like to share an interview experience with inCode? - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in 2010 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2010, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts.

NOTICE: The original RF Cafe Forum is available again for reading, and the new RF Cafe Blog is an active board.

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

guest

Post subject: anyone like to share an interview experience with inCode? Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:47 pm

Hi,

Does any one like to share an interview experience ( HR and technical) for a RF engineer position wiht inCode?

Thanks

Top

another guest

Post subject: Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:05 pm

I interviewed with inCode. I found their interview process very strange. The recruiter was in charge of the whole process it seemed. Set up all the interviews and made the final hiring decision. At the time, I was asking myself, "Why is the recruiter running this process? A lot of power for someone not technically trained!" Strange.

No in-face interview was ever conducted. Everything is done by phone. The technical interview was challenging. Their systems guys are very knowledgeable. In my case I was interviewing for a CDMA system position so they asked me a bunch of CDMA questions relating to how handsets and base stations handle CDMA calls.

The HR interview was the standard "what are your strengths and what are you weaknesses" sort of interview, but they had me take an online test before the interview, which asked a bunch of questions like "have you ever considered bringing a gun to work." I thought this test was ridiculous. Part of this online test appeared to be an IQ test. Very strange indeed. You would think they would rely on the technical interview to see how bright you are.

In the end I was rejected by inCode. I was confused with this decision since my technical interviews went well and both technical managers said I was a good find. So I contacted the recruiter, who was apparently in charge, and she said they would love to hire me, but I was asking too much money. She had asked me how much money I wanted when she first contacted me. I guess I was a fool to give her a number without understanding what the position was all about, but I had done this in the past with better companies who handled this gracefully. But apparently she decided to reject me outright without negotiating a smaller number. Very unprofessional.

In the end, I found this interview process reflected poorly on their organization. If their interview process is this strange and full of miscommunications, I can't help but ask what their company is like as a whole.

Work for inCode? No thanks.

Top

Guest

Post subject: Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:28 pm

Many companies don't understand that their recruitment process and the way they treat the applicant makes the impreesion as a whole. And this impression is blowing in the wind and arrives to any ear available.

I have had few of cases like that, in which the hiring company treated me and other applicants like garbage and following that I have advised to anyone I know not to even think approaching to this or that company.

Top

another guest

Post subject: Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:52 pm

I just saw another posting in this forum about how it sucks to work for inCode. I guess my impression of their organization (as seen through their recruitment process) was close to the mark.

Another bullet dodged!

Top

another guest

Post subject: Re: anyone like to share an interview experience with inCodePosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:45 pm

guest wrote:

Hi,

Does any one like to share an interview experience ( HR and technical) for a RF engineer position wiht inCode?

Thanks

From my experience, I always try to find someone that is working at the company as an RF Engineer that I can talk to and see how their experience is going, ask them what they think of the company, what the company does well and not so well. Most always you get an objective view, much more so than someone that didn't like it and left or was never offered a job. Good luck with your interview!

Top

another guest

Post subject: Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:06 pm

In my case, I was offered a chance to get back into the hiring process when the recruiter realized I was willing to negotiate my salary.

However, my impression of the company was set, and the impression was not good, so I turned them down.

This was my experience interviewing with inCode. If someone had a better experience, please post.

Top

guest

Post subject: more technical interview questions shared?Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:14 am

Looks like lots of ppl here donot have a good imression of inCode.

Still, I like to get more technical interview tips.

Thanks

Top

Guest

Post subject: Re: anyone like to share an interview experience with inCodePosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:07 pm

guest wrote:

Hi,

Does any one like to share an interview experience ( HR and technical) for a RF engineer position wiht inCode?

Thanks

Top

Guest

Post subject: Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:52 pm

i work for them

i like it very much

Top

Moving

Post subject: Can you tell me more?Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:

i work for them

i like it very much

Hi,

I will start to work for InCode very soon.

Now I am trying to decide which city to move to and more other information? Could you give me some tips? And how much time in a year are you travelling? Are you living in one city or you travel with the projects? Is it worthwhile buying a car /apt. if one travels all the time?

Thanks in advance.

Moving soon.

Top

WalshCode0

Post subject: Poor Screening process1Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:19 pm

Lieutenant

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:06 pm

Posts: 4

Location: Land of Opporunities, USA

It is always a mystery to me how resumes float in this small world .. so I get a call from InCode and I responded. The recruiter was calling from San Diego (I think thats where they were based out of) and asked really dumb questions - like .. I see here that you are a Project Manager for $1m turnkey project and have been leading a nationwide deployment for over 2 years.... but do you have "leadership experience/supervisory skills?" ... .. she made me a ridiculously low offer inspite of me saying I am looking for 14% raise...and wanted me to set up an interview (3 stages!) ..could not provide me with any details about any projects the company has in hand. - Total dissappointment!

- Heard they are going public though?

_________________

~~~ ORTHOGONALITY ROCKS!! ~~~

Top

Guest

Post subject: Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:15 am

I got a call from a recruiter looking for RF engineers for incode. He basically offered me a 6 month contract to hire job with them. If I wanted it, however, I had to quit my current job immediatley and start work with incode on monday (this call happened on a wednesday mind you). He denied me the opportunity to have a face to face interview with anyone and denied me the opportunity to visit their jobsite or offices.

I am desperatley trying to break into rf but there was no way i could take this position. Any company that would have its prospective employees treated like this will thow them away like paper plates.

Top

Guest

Post subject: I was interviewed with inCodePosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:47 am

I have exactly the same story about myself. I was given the internet test and then based on the results, HR interview for almost one hour. After passing these two tests, I was told by the recruiter that if I pass the technical interview, my salary would range from $80K to $90K depending on how the interview goes.

I had 78minute technical interview and the comment was "Very rare, I see somebody with so much detailed knowledge", the technical interview was mainly focused on "Handoff". I welcome you to my team.

I waited for couple of days for the HR/recruiter to come back with offer. I reminded them that I had my technical interview done couple of days ago, what next? The recruiter lady came back, that I am very sorry, but we are hiring somebody else. After my query, why, she told me that I was asking too much. I told, I even have not asked any money yet. She refused to talk to me and told me that she can not do any thing.

So Guys, if you are looking for a job with Incode, make sure that you prepare CDMA Handoff questions and MUST confirm the salary first.! And if you have another offer, say no to Incode.

another guest wrote:

I interviewed with inCode. I found their interview process very strange. The recruiter was in charge of the whole process it seemed. Set up all the interviews and made the final hiring decision. At the time, I was asking myself, "Why is the recruiter running this process? A lot of power for someone not technically trained!" Strange.

No in-face interview was ever conducted. Everything is done by phone. The technical interview was challenging. Their systems guys are very knowledgeable. In my case I was interviewing for a CDMA system position so they asked me a bunch of CDMA questions relating to how handsets and base stations handle CDMA calls.

The HR interview was the standard "what are your strengths and what are you weaknesses" sort of interview, but they had me take an online test before the interview, which asked a bunch of questions like "have you ever considered bringing a gun to work." I thought this test was ridiculous. Part of this online test appeared to be an IQ test. Very strange indeed. You would think they would rely on the technical interview to see how bright you are.

In the end I was rejected by inCode. I was confused with this decision since my technical interviews went well and both technical managers said I was a good find. So I contacted the recruiter, who was apparently in charge, and she said they would love to hire me, but I was asking too much money. She had asked me how much money I wanted when she first contacted me. I guess I was a fool to give her a number without understanding what the position was all about, but I had done this in the past with better companies who handled this gracefully. But apparently she decided to reject me outright without negotiating a smaller number. Very unprofessional.

In the end, I found this interview process reflected poorly on their organization. If their interview process is this strange and full of miscommunications, I can't help but ask what their company is like as a whole.

Work for inCode? No thanks.

Top

guest

Post subject: its a great company...stop complaining !Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:33 pm

Hi,

I just started working there a while back...absolutely love the work they do and the team culture. Stop complaining guys...accept the fact that u probably weren't good enuff ! better luck next time !

Top

Guest

Post subject: Re: its a great company...stop complaining !Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:46 pm

If you have read the above posts, you should know they are not about whether the candidates are 'good enuff', it's about incode's lack of professionalism displayed during the interview process.

I myself had a similiar experience with incode's interview. I won't repeat an almost same story here.

guest wrote:

Hi,

I just started working there a while back...absolutely love the work they do and the team culture. Stop complaining guys...accept the fact that u probably weren't good enuff ! better luck next time !

Posted  11/12/2012

Amplifier Solutions Corporation (ASC) - RF Cafe
KR Electronics (RF Filters) - RF Cafe
withwave microwave devices - RF Cafe
Axiom Test Equipment - RF Cafe
Innovative Power Products Passive RF Products - RF Cafe

Please Support RF Cafe by purchasing my  ridiculously low−priced products, all of which I created.

These Are Available for Free

 

About RF Cafe

Kirt Blattenberger - RF Cafe Webmaster

Copyright: 1996 - 2024

Webmaster:

    Kirt Blattenberger,

    BSEE - KB3UON

RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps while tying up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got Mail" when a new message arrived...

All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.

My Hobby Website:

AirplanesAndRockets.com