How to remove the face plate of an HP8753A Network analyzer - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

Post subject: How to remove the face plate of an HP8753A Network analyzer
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:51 am 
Hi all.

Anyone out there who knows how to remove the tinted glass face plate on the 8753 Network analyzer display? There's plenty of dust on the CRT...

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:56 pm 
I'd be interested in knowing too. Any of you technicians out there ever done this? Anyone got a maintnenance manual that tells how?

Post subject: How to remove...
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:50 am 
I found out myself:

1. Remove the rack handle area cover as if you were going to install rack handles on the left side of the instrument CRT.

2. Remove the three small phillips screws in the handle installation area. (There are four larger holes for the rack handles).

3. The small left part of the front panel where the power switch is can now be removed.

4. The graticule cover can now be pulled out a bit.

5. Carefully slide the front glass out.

6. The CRT and the glass plate can now be cleaned.

Posted  11/12/2012