Noise <-100 dBm??? - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

Post subject: Noise <-100 dBm???
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:16 pm 
I'm using my pc to take signal readings of my wireless network. I'm using an orinoco gold card classic (with hermes chipset) and netstumbler as my utility. I am consistently getting noise readings <-100. Can anyone tell me how this is possible???

thanks
kevin

Post subject: clarification
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:18 pm 
I'm sorry. not my pc but my laptop... dell inspirion 6000

Post subject: At which BW ?
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:28 am 
At which BW ?

Post subject: Can reduce noise.
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:38 pm 
Here at PWB America, Inc. , we are excited about our new service we offer to our clients to eliminate Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) "Noise" at the PCB layout design level.

We will run your PCB layout on EMI Stream which will help our PCB Design Engineers to eliminate the causes of unnecessary electromagnetic radiation from the initial & final design stage, EMIStream substantially reduces the time and costs needed for revision after the prototype is developed which enables quick time-to-market turn around.

For more information regarding EMI Check and Resonance Analysis serivce, please contac us:

Henry Uechi
PWB America, Inc.

Anaheim, California
Tel: (714) 695-0397
e-mail: uechi@pwbamerica.com

Posted  11/12/2012