2004 International Microwave Symposium - Suggestions? - RF Cafe Forums

RF Cafe Forums closed its virtual doors in late 2012 mainly due to other social media platforms dominating public commenting venues. RF Cafe Forums began sometime around August of 2003 and was quite well-attended for many years. By 2012, Facebook and Twitter were overwhelmingly dominating online personal interaction, and RF Cafe Forums activity dropped off precipitously. Regardless, there are still lots of great posts in the archive that ware worth looking at. Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts. Here is the full original RF Cafe Forums on Archive.org

-- Amateur Radio

-- Anecdotes, Gripes, & Humor

-- Antennas

-- CAE, CAD, & Software

-- Circuits & Components

-- Employment & Interviews

-- Miscellany

-- Swap Shop

-- Systems

-- Test & Measurement

-- Webmaster

Post subject: 2004 International Microwave Symposium - Suggestions?
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:04 am 

Site Admin

Greetings All:

Well, Melanie and I have decided that it is about time we attend an IMS show and meet some of the good folks that have been supporting RF Cafe lo these many years. This time around we'll just be roaming the convention floor rather than trying to set up a booth (très expensive).

As you probably know, the 2004 show will run from June 6 (Sunday) through June 11 (Friday), in Ft. Worth, Texas. Due to obligations my day job imposes (one of the Gold sponsor companies this year), we will probably be limited to two or three days there, so any suggestions you have regarding the best days to attend will be appreciated. We are just entering the planning stages now.

Please make your suggestions either by replying to this forum (no registration required), or by sending me an e-mail. Thanks.

- Kirt Blattenberger

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:10 am 
Usually the first day is not well attended, maybe because it's Sunday. Maybe I'll see you there.

Ted

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:10 pm 
Ted wrote:
Usually the first day is not well attended, maybe because it's Sunday. Maybe I'll see you there.

I'll second that. You'll really want to look at the schedule of events to decide, but probably Mon-Wed will be best. Depends on what you want.

Post subject: I'll be there if my company will let me go (and they pay).
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:24 pm 

Captain

I probably will be there on Sunday and Monday. Hope to see you there. How will I recognize you - gonna wear a sign? 

You should have submitted a paper on running an engineering website, I've seen a lotof sites that can use help. 

James King

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:05 am 

Captain

We will not be doing MTT-S this year, but in the past the middle days do seem to have been the busiest. Do you plan to attend the European Microwave Conference in October. I could see you there if so. Good luck.

- Cheers

Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:09 pm 
You still going to the MTT-S show in June?

Post subject:
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:22 pm 

Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
You still going to the MTT-S show in June?

Due to a medical situation that has arisen, we probably will not be able to travel to Ft. Worth. Hopefully, we will be able to make a show later in the year (maybe Atlanta in September).

- Kirt B.

Posted  11/12/2012