Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
RF Test Engineer
December 21, 2017
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a RF Test Engineer position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor creation and maintain quality control of test documentation, test reports and documentation organization.
- Maintain test equipment related expenditure monitoring to maintain budgetary cost control.
- Interact with the Responsible Engineer (RE), Test Technicians, and the necessary Operation's personnel to resolve production and test related issues within the program team or engineering type tasks.
- Provide interpretation of customer specifications for generation of and/or correction of testing procedures, and review test data for trends and inaccuracies.
- Provide the design of new test setups, especially special test equipment (STE) and harness design, development, documentation and integration.
- Perform test procedure automation using LabView software and data reporting algorithms (XML, SQL) to ensure testing is capable of being monitored for yield and supports data mining and trend analysis.
- Provide documentation in the form of Design Verification Test (DVT) procedures, Qualification Test Procedures (QTP), Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) and Test Data Record's (TDR's).
- Ensure that relevant Test Data Sheets/Engineering notes are correct, accurate and are provided on a timely basis for review and discussion.
- Ensure personnel safety procedures are followed at all times and/or highlight/raise concern to the appropriate personnel if safety hazards are found. Assist in the correction action of any such hazards found.
- Coordinate test activities within an assigned program team and where there isn't a defined program team the tasks assigned.
- Ensure all equipment used in the performance of daily test tasks are in acceptable working condition and calibrated as required in accordance with program documentation. Any equipment not meeting the requirements is logged and the appropriate personnel notified (Equipment Manager, Supervisor & applicable program team members).
- Ensure all program paperwork is completed correctly, signed and dated in accordance with the applicable program documentation.
- Assist in maintaining the test lab/labs, associated areas and equipment in a proper and safe working environment.
- Provide guidance & training to other test personnel on an “as required basis” and will assist in ensuring the workflow is being met by all test personnel.
- Attend production meetings (as necessary) and report any necessary information with respect to Test Engineering, and Environmental Test.
- Maintain close security of the company's test assets, including test equipment, chambers, tooling, STEs, and reference units (Golden Units).
- Ensure that any relevant reports are correct and provided on a timely basis.
- Provide oversight and guidance for all direct reports to support test readiness for all new and sustained development programs entering production and DVT test.
- Oversee test support and coordination of standard and specialized testing methods, equipment, waveforms, automated test software programs and STE's.
- The ability to travel and provide test support for occasional offsite testing.
- Participate in FRACAS program to monitor failure trends and implement improvements and eliminate leakage in the required test events.
- Ensure that the Quality Control functions are performed properly within the department and are in-line with AS9100 compliance objectives.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in Test Automation and 5 years' plus experience in RF Test Environment.
- A Bachelors' or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or physics required.
- Working knowledge of LabView, Test Equipment driver creation and XML data output (SQL capabilities preferred). In-depth working knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) electronics, Test Equipment and measurement requirements associated with high power RF technologies from HF to Microwave.
- Ability to work under demanding delivery schedules to meet company and customer commitments.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate effectively with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Knowledge of EPICOR MRP system a PLUS.
Must be a U.S. Person and be able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website http://www.aethercomm.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Aethercomm designs and manufactures high power RF amplifiers, subsystems and systems for use in radar, electronic warfare, communication systems, test and measurement and any other system that requires high power in a robust and compact package. Our company is over ten years old and we are located in Carlsbad, CA, in San Diego County. Over the last eleven years we have shipped over 125,000 RF amplifiers to our customers. Most of our products are combat proven and operate in the harshest terrestrial environments. Aethercomm is housed in a new 50,000 square foot facility that houses all company operations.
Aethercomm strives to provide a comprehensive package of employee benefit programs for its eligible employees. The Company has established a variety of benefits designed to assist you and your eligible dependents in meeting the financial burdens that can result from an illness or disability and also help you to plan for your retirement!
Aethercomm's medical and dental plan options let you choose the coverage that best fits your individual and family needs. Aethercomm selects medical, dental and vision insurance carriers that use extensive provider networks, so you are sure to have your choice in providers. Additionally, if you elect a PPO for your medical, dental and vision plan, then you don't have to use an in-network provider to benefit from the plan!
|• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans |
• Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
• Short Term and Long Term Disability
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Flexible Spending Accounts
|• Tuition Assistance Programs |
• Employee Incentive Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Corporate Wellness Program
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
Leslie D. Coyle
Director of Human Resources
3205 Lionshead Avenue
Carlsbad, CA 92010 USA
Posted December 22, 2017