Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior Firmware Design Engineer
December 21, 2017
Aethercomm designs and manufactures RF and Microwave amplifier modules, subsystems
and systems. The majority of our work is custom. The reliability and effectiveness of
thousands of Aethercomm products has been tested and proven in combat, helping to protect
and save the lives of our warfighters.
Aethercomm is looking to fill a
Senior Firmware Design
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that projects are completed accurately and on time.
- Develop firmware & digital circuit for power amplifiers and other electronics
which could include FPGAs, CPLDs, DSPs, processors, high speed data convertors, signal
conditioning, and power conversion circuits. Prepare VHDL and C/C# code as required to
meet commitments of the Company.
- Participate in all phases of a projects life cycle including system architecture
design, schematic creation, parts selection, advise design engineers during PCB layout,
firmware development, system integration, system verification and transitioning projects
to other engineering teams or the manufacturing department.
- Maintain current and accurate design records, including regularly using the company
firmware repository and releasing documents and firmware.
- Inform Manager of extraordinary conditions.
- Ensure that there is written documentation of any potential financial or technical
issues that may arise between customer and the company.
- Ensure effective communication among all parties involved in a project. Take on a
leadership role for assigned portions of a project. Provide feedback on resources required
to complete assigned tasks.
- Prepare material and participate in internal design reviews including system architecture,
component selection, schematic creation, schematic reviews, layout reviews, code verification,
and specification compliance.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope
of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience and a BS degree is required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task.
- Working familiarity Visual Studio, VHDL, and Xilinx ISE, ModelSIM, PADs, Spice or
- Knowledge of EPICOR MRP system a PLUS
Must be a U.S. Person and be able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Local candidates only!
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or veteran status.
designs and manufactures high power RF amplifiers, subsystems and systems for use
in radar, electronic warfare, communication systems, test and measurement and any other
system that requires high power in a robust and compact package. Our company is over
ten years old and we are located in Carlsbad, CA, in San Diego County. Over the last
eleven years we have shipped over 125,000 RF amplifiers to our customers. Most of our
products are combat proven and operate in the harshest terrestrial environments. Aethercomm
is housed in a new 50,000 square foot facility that houses all company operations.
Aethercomm strives to provide a comprehensive package of employee benefit programs
for its eligible employees. The Company has established a variety of benefits designed
to assist you and your eligible dependents in meeting the financial burdens that can
result from an illness or disability and also help you to plan for your retirement!
Aethercomm's medical and dental plan options let you choose the coverage that best
fits your individual and family needs. Aethercomm selects medical, dental and vision
insurance carriers that use extensive provider networks, so you are sure to have your
choice in providers. Additionally, if you elect a PPO for your medical, dental and vision
plan, then you don't have to use an in-network provider to benefit from the plan!
|• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Employee and Dependent
• Short Term and Long Term Disability
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Flexible Spending Accounts
|• Tuition Assistance Programs
• Employee Incentive Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Corporate Wellness Program
• Paid Vacation,
Sick and Holidays
Leslie D. Coyle
Director of Human Resources
Carlsbad, CA 92010 USA
Posted December 28, 2017