to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
The RF Engineer will help drive new Copper Mountain Technologies (CMT) VNA solutions and support current ones
used by customers all over the world. Our USB VNAs are next generation analyzers designed
to meet the needs of 21st Century engineers. Our VNAs include an RF measurement module and
a processing module, a software application which runs on a Windows PC, laptop or tablet,
connecting to the measurement hardware via USB interface. CMT was awarded innovation and product
leadership awards by Frost & Sullivan in 2015 and 2017.
The RF Engineer will be responsible for identifying new comprehensive test & measurement
solutions based on USB VNAs, driving the integration of new requirements and evolving current
product feature set. This individual will conduct market and customer analysis, work closely
with Development, Marketing and Sales, and ensure delivery of quality solutions to customers.
Take this opportunity to join a great company. This position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Essential Position Functions
- Proactively scopes technical specifications of customer test and measurement applications
and designs solutions that meet their needs, whether by incorporating existing CMT products
and accessories, or developing new ones.
- Leads resolution of technical issues pre- and post-sales to maximize revenue growth from
new and existing customers.
- Collects and analyzes data from customer interactions, market research, and competitive
intelligence, for conceptualizing new solution ideas.
- Responsible for documenting detailed solution requirements. Communicates solution specifications
using user stories, wireframes, and presentations where appropriate.
- Works closely with Development to design, develop and deliver the solution.
- Carries out responsibilities as a member of the CMT’s ISO 17025 certified Calibration
- Leads application-specific solution development by working with hardware and application
development teams to design, develop and deliver the solution.
- Provides customer feedback to hardware and application development teams to improve quality
and feature set.
- Works closely with Marketing to develop content for communicating solution value, features
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in RF system or component design or testing
- Working knowledge of RF system design, test and integration,
- Knowledge of and experience with Vector Network Analyzers
- Knowledge of VNA measurement techniques and VNA metrology principles
- Familiarity with test automation programming environments including LabView, Matlab, .Net
- Ability to communicate technical material clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work closely with other people to solve challenging problems
- Familiarity with design, troubleshooting and repair of RF systems and devices
- Travel may be required up to 25%
About Copper Mountain Technologies
Copper Mountain Technologies develops innovative and robust RF test and measurement solutions
for engineers all over the world. The company was created in 2011 and is based in Indianapolis,
IN with a sales office in Singapore. Our innovative products and partnership approach enable
RF and Microwave engineers to realize their potential through access to lab-grade instrumentation
at affordable prices. Our world-class metrology and engineering resources work as an extension
of your team.
Copper Mountain Technologies' VNAs include an RF measurement module and a software application
which runs on any Windows PC, laptop or tablet, connecting to the measurement hardware via
USB interface. The user can take advantage of the latest OS, processing power, larger display,
and reliable performance of an external PC, as well as lower total cost of ownership and simplified
maintenance of the analyzer. The result is a faster, more effective test process that fits
into the modern workspace in lab, production, field and secure testing environments. This
creative approach made Copper Mountain Technologies a leader in the industry and earned them
both the 2015 Frost & Sullivan Global Leadership in Innovation Award and the 2017 Product
CMT engineers push the boundaries of convention when they develop VNAs. They use the latest
available technologies and components, and continuously improve product selection and service.
As an RF test and measurement leader, CMT contributes their technical and metrology expertise
to solving your challenging problems. The goal is to help engineers and developers extend
their reach by equipping them with cutting-edge test instruments that are highly accurate,
small, lightweight, and affordable.
Please submit your information via our convenient
Copper Mountain Technologies
631 East New York Street
IN 46202 USA
Posted August 23, 2017