Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of
engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. See most recent list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Job Title: Senior RF Engineer
Division: Genie Garage
Location: Mt. Hope Ohio (N. Central Ohio)
The Senior RF Design Engineer will play a central role in the development
and design of important new products where RF performance is very important for our remote
controls and connected products. You will be able to take pride in seeing your designs
used by your friends, neighbors, and in seeing them on the shelves at home stores. This
highly visible senior role will involve close collaboration with the rest of the new
product development team to produce new sub-gigahertz (UHF) remote control transmitters
and receivers as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connected products. The candidate must be
able to design compact PCB antennas with great radiation performance and manufacturability
for hand-held consumer products, including electrically small UHF antennas.
- Drive continuous improvement of Genie's RF test, measurement, and simulation capabilities
by keeping current on these methods and their applicability to Genie's designs.
- Keep Genie current with new RF components for sub-gigahertz and 2.4 GHz designs.
- Manage all FCC certification for The Genie Company.
- Advise and provide resolution on field system performance, interference, and propagation
- Conduct design feasibility studies using both computer modules and physical antenna
models to provide guidance on new industrial design concepts for Genie products.
- Devise test plans, execute them, produce excellent written reports, and disseminate
understanding of RF performance within the product team and senior management.
- Serve as a team resource on electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing and issue
- Interact in a team environment and work well with others.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics. MSEE preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in RF design for volume production, preferably with experience
in high-volume consumer products.
- Demonstrated track record in antenna design for excellent products.
- Experience with professional-level RF design and simulation tools, including electromagnetic
simulation, is required. Experience with Keysight Genesys is strongly preferred.
- Must have deep fundamental understanding of RF design and electromagnetic theory
with applications to antenna and radio system design.
- Extensive hands-on experience in RF testing, including experience with professional-level
RF test equipment and FCC certification testing.
To apply for the Mt. Hope Ohio, Senior RF Engineer role:
About The Genie Company
Genie is one of America's best known and trusted consumer brand names. The company
has an illustrious history that underscores its commitment to innovation. Millions of
our product units are in use today throughout North America. Dependability, high quality
and nationwide service are just a few reasons to choose a Genie branded garage door opener.
The Genie Company, One
Door Drive, P.O. Box 67, Mt. Hope, Ohio 44660
About Overhead Door Corporation
Overhead Door Corporation has five divisions: Access Systems Division (ASD), which
features the Overhead Door and Wayne Dalton garage door brands; The Genie Company, manufacturer
of remote-controlled garage door opening systems; Horton Automatics, a manufacturer of
automatic entrance systems; TODCO, the largest producer of truck doors for the transportation
industry and Installed Services Division (ISD) which features two service and install
brands: Creative Door Services in Western Canada and NationServe in the United States.
Our founder, C. G. Johnson, created the original overhead garage door in 1921 and
the first electric garage door opener in 1926. We now employ more than 3,500 people,
have 22 manufacturing facilities, 78 regional sales and service and installation centers
and more than 5,000 distributors and dealers that service national builders, national
accounts, architects, general contractors and homeowners, as well as major retailers
in the U.S. and Canada.
Overhead Door Corporation is a subsidiary of Sanwa Holdings Corporation of Tokyo,
Genie Garage Door Opener
2501 So. State
Hwy Business 121
Lewisville, TX 75067
Posted January 24, 2018