Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Job Title: Senior RF Engineer
Division: Genie Garage Door Openers
Location: Dallas, Texas
The Senior RF Design Engineer will play a central role in the development and design of important new products where RF performance is very important for our remote controls and connected products. You will be able to take pride in seeing your designs used by your friends, neighbors, and in seeing them on the shelves at home stores. This highly visible senior role will involve close collaboration with the rest of the new product development team to produce new sub-gigahertz (UHF) remote control transmitters and receivers as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connected products. The candidate must be able to design compact PCB antennas with great radiation performance and manufacturability for hand-held consumer products, including electrically small UHF antennas.
- Drive continuous improvement of Genie's RF test, measurement, and simulation capabilities by keeping current on these methods and their applicability to Genie's designs.
- Keep Genie current with new RF components for sub-gigahertz and 2.4 GHz designs.
- Manage all FCC certification for The Genie Company.
- Advise and provide resolution on field system performance, interference, and propagation issues.
- Conduct design feasibility studies using both computer modules and physical antenna models to provide guidance on new industrial design concepts for Genie products.
- Devise test plans, execute them, produce excellent written reports, and disseminate understanding of RF performance within the product team and senior management.
- Serve as a team resource on electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing and issue resolution.
- Interact in a team environment and work well with others.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics. MSEE preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in RF design for volume production, preferably with experience in high-volume consumer products.
- Demonstrated track record in antenna design for excellent products.
- Experience with professional-level RF design and simulation tools, including electromagnetic simulation, is required. Experience with Keysight Genesys is strongly preferred.
- Must have deep fundamental understanding of RF design and electromagnetic theory with applications to antenna and radio system design.
- Extensive hands-on experience in RF testing, including experience with professional-level RF test equipment and FCC certification testing.
To apply for the Mt. Hope Ohio, Senior RF Engineer role: Apply Online
About The Genie Company
Genie is one of America's best known and trusted consumer brand names. The company has an illustrious history that underscores its commitment to innovation. Millions of our product units are in use today throughout North America. Dependability, high quality and nationwide service are just a few reasons to choose a Genie branded garage door opener.
The Genie Company, One Door Drive, P.O. Box 67, Mt. Hope, Ohio 44660
About Overhead Door Corporation
Overhead Door Corporation has five divisions: Access Systems Division (ASD), which features the Overhead Door and Wayne Dalton garage door brands; The Genie Company, manufacturer of remote-controlled garage door opening systems; Horton Automatics, a manufacturer of automatic entrance systems; TODCO, the largest producer of truck doors for the transportation industry and Installed Services Division (ISD) which features two service and install brands: Creative Door Services in Western Canada and NationServe in the United States.
Our founder, C. G. Johnson, created the original overhead garage door in 1921 and the first electric garage door opener in 1926. We now employ more than 3,500 people, have 22 manufacturing facilities, 78 regional sales and service and installation centers and more than 5,000 distributors and dealers that service national builders, national accounts, architects, general contractors and homeowners, as well as major retailers in the U.S. and Canada.
Overhead Door Corporation is a subsidiary of Sanwa Holdings Corporation of Tokyo, Japan.
Genie Garage Door Opener
2501 So. State Hwy Business 121
Lewisville, TX 75067
Posted January 24, 2018