Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Materials Scientist / Senior Materials Scientist
January 10, 2019 - Charleroi, PA - Nokomis, Inc. is a dynamic technology company with over 16 years history of technical excellence in the development of next-generation Radio Frequency (RF) sensor systems. During the last 6 years, Nokomis has experienced rapid growth in the area of materials development, both aimed at supporting the core RF technology areas and also independent technology areas, such as EO/IR sensor materials and ultra-low wear protective films.
Nokomis is seeking innovative and ambitious Scientists and Engineers, to join and complement our 20+ member R&D team. The Materials Scientist role at Nokomis will drive innovative R&D efforts through government grants and contracts to develop revolutionary materials and materials applications. Successful Scientists become the leaders of R&D efforts and become integral to all aspects of Nokomis activities.
Successful candidates are driven by technical accomplishments and making a strong impact on the development of advanced technology and have strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will focus primarily on material development, supporting current efforts on charged carrier emission suppression coatings, tribological coatings, and EO/IR sensor materials. The ideal applicant may also support projects involving RF sensing and spectral analysis for target detection, and cyber security when necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new technology initiatives through solicited and unsolicited proposals to government agencies.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Assist in programmatic aspect including drafting on internal and external documents, interfacing with customers, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- General program management, as it applies to fast paced, non-reoccurring engineering (NRE projects.
- When necessary, support travel Learn and assist with patent development
- Doctoral Degree or Master’s Degree.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter that can work efficiently without oversight.
- Experience with or interest in learning Program Management as it applies to highly fluid, non-reoccurring engineering (NRE) programs.
- Must have confidence and ability to make decisions independently and to proactively seek input when needed.
- Strong knowledge of materials development/testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree required, PhD Preferred.
- Comprehensive Medical insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Paid (Sick/Vacation) leaves.
- Company outing and teambuilding events.
- Pittsburgh Pirates team building and family events.
- Kennywood Amusement Park Family Outing.
- Pittsburgh Aquarium Christmas Party.
- Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim teambuilding exercise.
- Conference Participation.
- Company-paid themed luncheons (Hawaiian, Cinco De Mayo, etc.).
- Unique 401(k) matching program.
- 25% guaranteed company match.
- Company plans match of 200%on a year-to-year basis.
- Employees who maxed personal contribution received company match of $35k in 2018.
- R&D grant and contract capture incentives.
- Baseline $5000 bonus and $5000 salary increase for winning certain grants/contract as PI.
- 2019 expense-paid Hawaiian vacation incentive.
- SBIR Challenge (substantial monetary remuneration enhancement for excellence in winning R&D grants/contracts).
- Individualized incentive programs.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to contact Nokomis. Please visit our Careers webpage for more information and other job openings. Nokomis, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Positions are open to US citizens only.
Nokomis is a high growth technology company dedicated to providing advanced technical capability for our customers. Over the last decade our team has developed and delivered state-of-the-art uniquely capable sensors and technology solutions. Founded in 2002, Nokomis is the pre-eminent company in the world in the detection, identification, and geolocation of electronics. Nokomis has executed on over 65 government contracts valued over $38 million in aggregate. Nokomis is a certified small business with corporate offices located in Charleroi, Pennsylvania. The 50,000 sq. ft. Charleroi facility is endowed with state-of-the-art scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities. Additional locations include an Embedded Systems Division located in Toledo, OH; a Non-Destructive Evaluation Division in McDonald, PA; and a 163 acre test facility in Mather, PA.
310 5th Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Phone: 724-483-3946 (office)
Posted January 11, 2019