Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior RF Engineer
Location: Florida, Tampa, USA
Job Reference: INTERCONNECTNA00017
Schedule Type: Full Time
March 27, 2019 - Smiths is always looking for curious minds, and currently is seeking a Senior RF Engineer. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big. Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Job Description - Senior RF Engineer
Position is open to location in Tampa, FL, Thousand Oaks, CA, or Northampton, MA - location preference will be verified if selected to interview. Responsible for all phases of product development from conception through production of RF / Microwave / mmWave components (e.g. couplers, power dividers, LNA's, mixers, PA's, switches, phase shifters, attenuators, oscillators, antennas, ferrite devices, etc.) and subsystems (e.g. transceivers, frequency converters, RADAR front-ends, radiometer front-ends, LO sources, frequency synthesizers, switch matrices, arrays) built up from these components.
Responsibilities May Include
Bid & Proposal, project management, detailed design, design for manufacture, testing and design production support. A high degree of flexibility is required due to the varying needs of the business, specific needs of the project, and along the project life cycle. Requires a high degree of creative ability, engineering skill, and independent judgment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Application of advanced technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to the development of RF/Microwave/MMW products. Identifies and documents and functional requirements.
Development of RF design and specifications, analysis of alternative designs, subassembly and module design, verification testing, and peer review of RF designs.
Provide necessary documentation and technical expertise to support bid and proposal efforts including technical writing and costing.
Contributes to complete major engineering projects or several small projects, including the efforts of Mechanical and Electrical Drafters, Technicians and other Engineering Staff.
Prepare and provides formal briefings to the Staff and Project Sponsors.
Lead technical discussions at project review sessions and in negotiations with the Project Sponsor.
Define and organize proposed projects into the tasks and activities needed to solve the problems being addressed. Schedule work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
Regularly provide technical guidance and oversight to Technical Staff.
Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
Manage engineering projects for technical performance, budget, and schedule.
Other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related Discipline required.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Competent in RF linear and non-linear circuit simulation using software such as AWR, Eagleware, or ADS.
- Competent in analog DC, AC, and transient circuit simulation using SPICE or derivative.
- Competent in RF measurements and design validation procedures.
- Experience with 2.5D and 3D electromagnetic problems and simulation tools.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual who assumes task ownership.
- Ability to understand and evaluate metrics and apply process improvement measures.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident). Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance, if needed.
- Knowledgeable of multi-layer printed wiring boards (PWB) design and layout up to 20 GHz.
- Knowledgeable of single-layer Duroid and ceramic layout up to 40 GHz.
- Knowledgeable of chip & wire/bare die design practices.
- Knowledgeable of system architecture and block diagram planning of up converters and down converters.
- Knowledgeable of frequency planning and mixer spurious analysis for up and down converters.
- Knowledgeable of phase noise requirements, cascaded phase noise performance, and connection to hardware. implementation methods.
- General knowledge of the requirements for and design of microwave sources, LNAs, SSPAs, mixers, filters, and synthesizers.
- SSPA design of at least 10 W linear from C-band through Ka Band using GaN or GaAs devices.
Smiths Interconnect is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical applications in the commercial aviation, defense, space, medical, rail, semiconductor test, wireless telecommunications, and industrial markets.
Smiths Interconnect's technology brands (EMC, HYPERTAC, IDI, LORCH, MILLITECH, RF LABS, TECOM and TRAK) are synonymous with exceptional performance whenever a technologically advanced, high quality solution is required to ensure reliability and safety. Our extensive product portfolio includes high reliability electrical connector and cable assemblies, solutions for antenna systems and a wide range of innovative RF and microwave solutions.
Smiths Interconnect is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 22,000 people in more than 50 countries.
Smiths Talent Acquisition Team
Posted March 28, 2019