Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Title: RF Design Engineer
Denver, Colorado - February 10, 2021 - Digital Intelligence Systems (DISYS),
a global staffing, IT consulting & managed services firm with more than
33 offices worldwide, is in search of a Senior RF Design Engineer. This engineering
position will report to the manager of RF Solutions, primarily support the Tactical
Solutions business unit, and will have Radio Frequency (RF) engineering as its
area of specialization with design and test of RF electronics circuits and systems
as the focus.
What You Will Do
Be responsible for the hands-on design
and realization of RF passive and active circuits used in phased array antennas,
larger RF systems, and other RF components.
- Design and test circuits for receivers, transmitters, local oscillators,
and RF subsystems. Designs typically range in frequency from VHF through 20
- Simulate circuit and system performance using analytical software such
as AWR Microwave Office, VSS, Agilent ADS, System Vue, and MATLAB.
- Collaborate with other engineers and technicians to realize completed RF
electronics and RF designs.
- Participate and guide the testing of RF hardware for required performance
metrics in antenna and phased array systems: VSWR, insertion loss, power, G/T,
- Test components (e.g., amplifiers, mixers, limiters, oscillators) for suitability
- Design circuit boards for use in receivers and transmitters.
- Design chip and wire components for use in receivers, high-power limiters,
- Test and document designs in preparation for potential production.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories,
and concepts in the field.
- Mentor and guide more junior engineers and technicians in the design, build,
and test phases of projects and programs.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represent
the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated
with specific projects.
- Interface well with other people at all levels including customers, use
initiative in applying solutions to assignments. Contributes to large teams.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department,
the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and
productive work environment.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
What You Will Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required
plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute
for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered
in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school
which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education,
US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Full competency in core RF engineering and antenna theory and skills and
general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Assist with the preparation
and delivery of presentations.
- Experience and skills to effectively contribute to successful producibility
of designs and to cost, budget, and schedule control.
- RF electronics hardware design and RF system design experience is desirable
- RF hardware and microwave circuit board / PCB layout experience is desirable.
- Some exposure and experience with the radiating components/antennas that
are typically used in phased array systems.
- Experience with circuit simulation is not required, but highly desirable.
- Experience and proficiency in programming, data manipulation, and data
visualization in MATLAB.
- Must be able to schedule and execute measurements at internal and external
facilities; perform measurement analysis and troubleshooting.
- Experience with RF test equipment (including RF signal generators, spectrum
analyzers, and network analyzers).
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical expertise in RF engineering and
to leverage knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead RF efforts and tasks and to guide technical
project teams toward the completion of program goals and milestones.
- Current security clearance is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean
room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective
equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between campuses and other possible locations
may be required.
Apply for the
Senior RF Design Engineer job online here.
View all open Digital Intelligence Systems
(DISYS) Jobs here.
About Digital Intelligence Systems (DISYS)
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS®) is a global staffing, IT consulting &
managed services firm with more than 33 offices worldwide. Within these offices,
DISYS employs industry problem solvers who have the expertise to understand
industry staffing issues but also possess the knowledge to locate inefficiencies,
design and implement game-changing automation and other IT service offerings.
Whether it is bridging or replacing legacy systems, moving an enterprise to
the cloud, creating automated technology to streamline compliance or turning
raw data into actionable information, DISYS is dedicated to enabling its clients
to work smarter and more efficiently even in the smallest, most mundane of business
For nearly 25 years, DISYS® has served global industries such as information
technology, banking, financial services, insurance, healthcare and life sciences
and a multitude of government, retail, manufacturing and transportation clients.
Within these industries, DISYS has imagined, designed and implemented technologies
that solve IT problems that prohibit growth and impact an organization’s bottom
Incorporated in 1994, DISYS® continually builds on the strategic vision of
its CEO and Founder, Mahfuz Ahmed. His disciplined approach is firmly planted
in the strategic study of data-driven analytics and business planning.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
4600 S. Ulster Street
Denver, CO 80237
Posted February 10, 2021