to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Title: RF Test Engineer
Business Unit: UTC Climate Controls & Security
43858BR (two positions available)
Location: Huntington, Indiana
The RF Test Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the test process, including first pass yield,
data generation and reporting, and issue identification/resolution. The candidate must have the ability
to plan and execute projects to completion on time at required performance levels, including complete
and accurate documentation. The role requires a clear understanding of statistical methods/tool utilization
for optimization of test platforms. Understanding, applying, and executing DFT/DFM reviews as part of
new product introduction (NPI) is required. This is a "hands on" role where the candidate will define
and design solutions then use the solutions while supporting production.
This position will assist in the transfer of new product and/or the enhancement of existing product
test solutions. The Test Engineer is responsible for developing processes for test execution, optimization,
first pass yield improvement, and data monitoring driving issue identification and resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, document and maintain production test equipment, programs and procedures.
- Remote support of testers in regards to troubleshooting, ECOs and line down issues.
- Requires ability develop code in software framework environment.
- Ability to support older test programs in C, Visual basic running on W3.11, W98 and DOS platforms.
- Ability to work in custom test scripts including: Checksum, HP3070.
- Proven ability to work with RS232, USB, IEEE, LXI communication standards.
- Prepare specifications for production test equipment to be developed by outside vendors.
- Manage projects involving new production test equipment or upgrades to existing systems including
complete documentation. Must have experience with setting project timelines and manage progress to goals.
- Evaluate new product performance, testability and specifications and active participation in DFM/DFT
reviews for NPI programs.
- Specify and/or recommend test equipment including: ICT, Functional, Final and RF designs. Fundamental
understanding of RF testing. Ability to travel out of the country. Estimated 10% of duties.
Education / Certifications
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering with 3 or more years related experience as a Test
Engineer (manufacturing environment preferred).
Experience / Qualifications
- Ability to read, interpret and create schematic drawings and technical documents.
- Must have the ability to define projects, deliver results according to timeline, and execute to
- Must be able to effectively communicate in writing and verbally, internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of UL, FCC, NEC requirements.
- Ability to learn machine vision, pneumatics.
About United Technologies Corporation
United Technologies is a leader in the global building and aerospace businesses. Our large investments
in technology enable us to develop new and improved ways to keep people safe, comfortable, productive
and on the move. By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create the smart,
sustainable solutions that move the world forward.
For more information about United Technologies and to apply online, please visit these two pages:
Posted March 17, 2017