Content is the copyright of the company represented, but the page format is my copyright
and cannot be distributed to other media outlets.
Press Release Archives:
Planar Monolithic Industries (PMI) recently introduced
four new products in their extensive line of RF and microwave components. Included are a 2-18 GHz
threshold detector, a 0.5 to 18 GHz high power limiter, a 6.0 to 18.0 GHz 8-bit digital phase
shifter, and a 0.1 to 2.0 GHz successive log video amplifier. Contact PMI today for more information.
PMI Model No. GMTA-1002
PMI Model No.
GMTA-1002 is a threshold detector designed to operate over the frequency range of 2.0
to 18.0 GHz. It has a threshold level of -23 dBm with threshold stability of +/-3.0 dBm over
frequency and temperature. Other specifications Input Operating Range of -18 to -23 dBm, Input
VSWR 2.5:1 maximum, maximum input power level +10 dBm (without damage), Response Time Any
Input Greater than 3 dB = 100 µs and operates using +12 VDC @ 50 mA maximum. Supplied with
SMA(F) connectors in a housing measuring 1.0" x 0.65" x 0.3".
- Frequency Range: 2.0 to 18.0 GHz
- Input Operating Range: -18 to -23 dBm (2.0 to 18.0 GHz)
- Input VSWR: 2.5:1 Max - Measured 2.22
- Threshold Level: -23 dBm Min - Measured -20.75 dBm
- Maximum Input Power: +10 dBm (Without Damage)
- DC Supply: +12 VDC @ 50 mA Max - Measured 41 mA
- Temperature: -20 ºC to +85 ºC Operating, -62 ºC to +85ºC Non-Operating
PMI Model: LM-0518-10-1W-SHS-2-F
Model No. LM-0518-10-1W-SHS-2-F is a high power limiter that operates from 500 MHz to
18 GHz. This limiter handles 100 Watts Peak Power with a pulse width of 1 µs. The insertion
loss is only 1.5 dB typically and has a VSWR of 2.0:1 maximum. This limiter is supplied in
a small housing measuring only 1.0" x 1.0" x 0.4".
- Frequency: 0.5 to 18.0 GHz
- Insertion Loss @ -20 dBm: Input 2.0 dB Max, 1.5 dB Typ - Measured 1.5 dB
- VSWR @ -20 dBm Input: 2.0:1 Max, 1.5:1 Typ - Measured 1.96:1
- Leakage @ 1 Watt CW Immune: +14 dBm Max, +10 dBm Typ - Measured +12 dBm
- Peak Power: 100 Watts
- Pulse Width: 1 µs
- Duty Cycle: 0.1 %
PMI Model: PS-360-DC-3 OPTION 618-15D
PMI Model No. PS-360-DC-3 OPTION 618-15D is an 8-bit, Digitally Controlled
Phase Shifter provides range of 360° in 256 Steps over the 6.0 to 18.0 GHz frequency range.
This unit has a typical insertion loss of 10 dB, accuracy of ±15° Max (Peak to Peak) - Measured
±6.6°, PM/AM of ±2.5 dB Max - Measured ±1.2 dB and a VSWR of 2.0:1 Max It is supplied with
removable SMA (F) connectors in a housing measuring 1.6" x 1.75" x 0.5".
- Frequency: 6.0 to 18.0 GHz
- Insertion Loss: 12.0 dB Max. 10.0 dB Typ - Measured 10.5 dB
- VSWR: 2.0:1 - Measured 2.0:1
- Accuracy: ±15° Max (Peak to Peak) - Measured ±6.6°
- PM/AM: ±2.5 dB Max - Measured ±1.2 dB
- Translation Rate: 0 to 500 kHz - Measured 500 kHz
- Min Carrier Suppression: 18 dB - Measured 26 dB
- Side Band Suppression: 15 dB - Measured 22 dB
- Phase Shift Range: 360° in 256 Steps
PMI Model SDLVA-0120-70-100M2G-10DBM
PMI model SDLVA-0120-70-100M2G-10DBM is a successive detection log video amplifier
(SDLVA) that operates between the 0.1 to 2.0 GHz frequency range. Offers a dynamic range
of 70 dB minimum and a TSS of -65 dBm. This unit offers a maximum rise time of 25 ns and a
fall time of 30 ns. This model provides a limited IF output of +10 dBm typically. This unit
is supplied in a housing measuring 3.75 " x 1.50 " x 0.40" with SMA female connectors.
- Frequency Range: 0.1 to 2.0 GHz
- Dynamic Range: 70 dB Min, 75 dB Typ
- Log Linearity: ±2.0 dB Max (-65 dBm to +5 dBm) - Measured 1.81 dB
- Log Linearity @ 100 MHz: ±2.0 dB Max (-50 dBm to +5 dBm)
- Minimum Log Range: -65 dBm
- Maximum Log Range: +5 dBm
- VSWR Input: 2.0:1 Max, (1.8:1 Typ)
- Tangential Sensitivity: -65 dBm Min (-70 dBm Typ)
- Limited IF Output: +10 dBm - Measured 8.31 dBm Min. 11.84 dBm Max
- Maximum RF Input Power: +10 dBm
About Planar Monolithics Industries (PMI)
Planar Monolithics was founded basically to take advantage of the growing demand in monolithic-based
products using the hybrid MIC/MMIC technology innovations that are mushrooming in a big way
all over the world. High performance and reliable products can be obtained by using this technology.
Planar Monolithics will meet these requirements. Planar Monolithics organization has been
setup to design, develop, manufacture, test, and market complex state-of-the-art hybrid RF/microwave
and monolithic integrated circuits (MIC/MMIC) and components, and hybrid MIC/MMIC supercomponents
and subsystems. Planar Monolithics provides its unique products for applications in space,
military, communications, telecommunications, commercial, and consumer electronics systems.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Principal Applications Engineer
Planar Monolithics Industries, Inc.
7311-F Grove Road
Frederick, Maryland 21704,
CAGE Code: 05XQ0
Phone: (301) 662-5019
Cell: (301) 455-9897
Posted September 6, 2017