Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Radio Frequency, Electromagnetic Interference, Systems Engineer
Integration, Test; Board Level to System Level Architect
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
• Project Engineering
& Proposal Development • Systems Engineering
• EMI Design and Mitigation • RF Design: 3 MHZ to 42 GHZ
Research & Development Engineering • Risk Assessment and Alleviation
• Program Management • Communication
• Multilingual (English, French & German) • FCC Parts 15 & 90 Compliance
• Wireless: RFID, Bluetooth, 802.11x, ZigBee, 802.16x, Trunked/conventional LMR, SATCOM
• EME / Environmental: per DO-160, MIL-461, MIL-462, MIL-810, HIRF
• Avionics: DO-181, DO-186A, ED-23B, FAR
• Antenna Design: DAS, UHF/VHF/ FM - slot array, cavity back resonators, panel antennas
Applications: DoD, FAA, NASA, NOAA, Public Safety & Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Public Utilities,
WILMER ENGINEERING, LLC Huntsville, AL
Owner / Principal Consultant 1993 - Present
technical and cost consultation relevant to the 800 MHz Rebanding Project, saving the prime contractor over $1
billion dollars versus original pricing.
• Technical lead on railroad and utility communication projects to
transition land mobile radio systems from 25 KHz to narrowband (12.5 / 6.25 kHz).
• As a Subject Matter
Expert, responsible to insure Part 90 compliance of a developing Software Defined Radio by analyzing schematics
• Developed EMI, Lightning, Power Quality and Environmental test procedures.
Conducted and witnessed tests pursuant to DO-160, MIL-461, MIL-462, MIL-810 and other relevant specs.
Responsible for performance testing and validation of new VHF radios.
• Developed broadband (WiMAX) solutions
for Homeland Security and Public Safety apps.
• Designed radio system upgrades for major utility companies to include LMR and microwave systems.
Broadcast antenna systems design and development.
Clients of Wilmer Engineering, LLC have included:
• General Dynamics SATCOM • Harris RF Communications
• Goodrich Interior Lighting Systems • Hamilton Sundstrand
• Honeywell Aerospace • PacifiCorp
Power & Energy
• Wulfsberg Electronics • East Ohio Gas Company
• Sanmina-SCI Defense / Aerospace • inCode
• Eclipse Aviation • Northeast Utilities
• Rockwell Collins Avionics • DynCorp / CSC
DRS C3 Systems Wyndmoor, PA
Staff Systems Engineer
2005 – 2007
• Responsible to lead teams in developing communication systems for Homeland Security, C3 as well
as US allies' applications.
• Significant focus on communication systems' interoperability and IP-based
• Developed requirements traceability matrix, risk assessment; worked as part of senior management
team on bid captures.
• Strong interaction with cross functional teams to include Program Management and Business Development.
Translated system level documents from French to English, developing system specs for evaluating domestic products
for applicability for a radar program.
Ericsson-GE Lynchburg, VA
Sr. Systems Engineer 1993
System level design of trunked LMR systems for international applications in Thailand and Taiwan to include
evaluating requirements and architecting technical solutions.
• Generated equipment lists, developed
acceptance test procedures and coverage verification plan.
• Conducted design reviews and presentations to
international government, military and public safety officials.
Sverdrup Technology NASA Lewis Research
Sr. Communications Engineer 1991 - 1992
• RF Spectrum Manager to NASA Center responsible for all RF
systems including LMR, satellite and microwave.
• Redesign of the conventional LMR to wideband trunked technology.
o Conducted site survey and coverage
o Developed a SOW and analyzed proposals for a new trunked radio system.
o Assisted NASA in
technology selection of the new system.
o Served as the vendor-to-NASA interface for the turnkey solution
• Responsible for new technology analysis, testing and implementation.
Magnavox Government Systems Fort Wayne, IN / Ashburn, VA
Electrical Engineer 1979 – 1990
Research and development of DoD satellite communication systems (3 MHz – 42 GHz).
• Board level design of RF,
microwave, analog and digital circuitry.
• Expertise in transceiver, synthesizer, power distribution, spread
spectrum design and techniques.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY Ft Wayne, IN
Electrical Engineering Coursework,
(BSEE Candidate, 13 Credits Remaining for Completion)
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH Pittsburgh, PA
Electrical Engineering Coursework
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
CCDA – Cisco Certified Design
Associate (in process of completing)
IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Member