Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Position: Mechanical Simulation Engineer/Specialist
Location: San Diego
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10 ... job=875090
"Connecting People" is at the heart of the
Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people
every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive
mobile solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon
trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and
innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
Ideal candidate works as a Mechanical Simulation Engineer/Specialist, involved in structural modeling and product
development using advanced FEA Mechanical Structural and Drop Test Simulation methods and tools. As a member of
the Product Design team, you will be responsible for FEA modeling and material characterization. You will be fully
integrated with the Product Design team from the pre-concept to concept stage and beyond. Analyzing and informing
the mechanical design team of structural risks and robustness of product designs. You will be responsible for the
correlation and development of your models and techniques. You will also work with cross-functional teams within
NOKIA and with external suppliers to solve design related issues.
• For assigned programs, assume ownership of all structural simulation projects. Identify design risks and advise,
guide and steer the mechanical team to implement structural improvements.
• For assigned programs, participate
in reliability reviews for every key event from portfolio concepting phase to concept selection (approximately
every two weeks).
• As a member of the home site simulation team develop methods to shorten simulation lead
• Actively contribute and support the Virtual Build Process.
• Assist in diagnostic problem solving
for test related failures and field failures.
• Create, analyze and review detailed models for drop test
simulation and other structural simulations using HYPERMESH, ABAQUS and SIMMANAGER.
• Present drop test
simulation results at design review meetings, highlight risks and structural vulnerabilities and work with the
simulation and design team to resolve design issues.
• Participate in project brainstorming meetings to resolve structural failures and design risks.
• Train and
coach the Design Engineers for robust design, best practices and in the use and development of Abaqus for Catia.
• M.S. Degree (or Equivalent BSc and experience) in Science or Engineering.
• Minimum of Two years experience with ABAQUS and HYPERWORKS or a similar Preprocessor software package.
SIMMANAGER experience would be advantageous
• Solid knowledge and experience of implementing mechanical engineering best practices and a willingness to
continue to actively develop your skills.
• Two years or more experience in the design of consumer electronics product, preferably cellular handset with
good comprehension of handset architecture.
• An awareness of relevant design issues and product acceptance drivers.
• Good understanding of commonly used mobile phone manufacturing technologies.
• A natural instinct and perception for identifying potential problems and the insight to apply your
understanding to develop and implement design solutions.
• A passionate, involved and committed team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
“Connecting people” is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people
shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic
learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We
reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone's
life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits
your career and personal demands.
Join our online communities now in Facebook FutureTalent@Nokia and LinkedIn
NokiaGlobalCareers to meet our people and learn about the latest opportunities and news.
Nokia offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off. We offer an
industry-leading 401k plan, an employee stock purchase plan and many other employee programs. Nokia understands
the importance of juggling professional and personal interests, and offers support for meaningful achievement in
work, family, friends and self. Employees are encouraged to continuously develop their skills and competencies in
order to stay at the forefront of technology. Employees also have opportunities to live out and enjoy Nokia
technology on a daily basis.