Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior or Staff Design Engineer
Senior or Staff Design Engineer (Greensboro, NC)
RF Micro Devices, Inc. (RFMD®) is a global leader in
the design and manufacture of high-performance semiconductor components. RFMD's products enable worldwide
mobility, provide enhanced connectivity and support advanced functionality in the cellular handset, wireless
infrastructure, wireless local area network (WLAN), CATV/broadband and aerospace and defense markets. RFMD is
recognized for its diverse portfolio of semiconductor technologies and RF systems expertise and is a preferred
supplier to the world's leading mobile device, customer premises and communications equipment providers.
Headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., RFMD is an ISO 9001- and ISO 14001-certified manufacturer with worldwide
engineering, design, sales and service facilities. RFMD is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the
In RFMD's Technology Platforms Organization we are currently looking for experienced Design
engineers to explore next generation front end components for future wireless mobile devices.
In this role as
Staff Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Design of RFIC's in technologies such as Si (CMOS, SiGe)
and GaAs (pHEMT, HBT) and evaluating designs to meet specifications.
• Participates in product specification
negotiations to help end customers meet their needs.
• Delivers design release notes, documentation for
prototype builds, and design related documents
• Identify key RF Front End components requirements based on a thorough understanding of module, handset and
• Collaborate within design team on design and system requirements driving specifications
• Strong communication skills and ability to ability to work in team environment
MSEE/PhD in EE preferred or at least 7 years of industry experience in one or more of the
• Power Amplifier/ RF Switches and RF front end module designs for cellular mobile
• Proficient with such tools as Cadence, ADS and E&M simulation tools such as Momentum and HFSS
• Experience with on-chip, package and printed circuit board (PCB) parasitic and design issues
• Knowledge of
common low frequency circuits such as regulators and bias circuits
• Customer interface experience and
• Familiarity with design, characterization, and modeling of custom devices and passive elements
with wireless testing utilized today in 2G/3G, 4G and WLAN
• Hands-on experience with board
level tuning and optimization of matching networks.
• High level of experience and understanding of power
amplifier, circuit linearization and high-efficiency design techniques.
• Analog IC design - bandgap voltage
references, low-drop out voltage regulators, operational amplifiers etc.
• High Level of experience and
understanding of RF Switches optimized for insertion loss and linearity
• Microwave measurement techniques (S-parameters, loadpull setups, VNA calibration techniques, spectrum analyzers,
power meters, etc).
• Understanding and development of advanced RF/microwave measurement techniques
Working knowledge with Agilent's Advanced Design System (ADS), Ansoft's High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS)
and planar electromagnetic solvers (Agilent's Momentum)
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with a resume and information about yourself!