Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
AOptix Looking for RF Architect & Field Engineer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
AOptix Technologies is growing as we continue to lead the world in creating breakthrough products for
Wireless Optical Communications and Identity Solutions.
The pervasive use of smart mobile devices has driven explosive growth in the demand for bandwidth. Conventional
transport alternatives cannot handle the staggering amount of data traffic that continues to surge. AOptix provides
revolutionary wireless communications technology that offers dramatic breakthroughs in bandwidth, distance, availability
and total cost of ownership. Our newest strategic partner, Anova Technologies, is the preeminent fiber and wireless
exchange connectivity provider, exclusively focused on electronic and algorithmic trading clients. Together we are
bringing to the market ultra-low latency wireless communications networks specifically for the financial industry.
AOptix is interested in hiring an RF Architect to work on our communications products. This would be someone
who has worked on the subsystems of wireless radios. This is an E-band front end with a baseband radio.
Environment at AOptix? Work hard, play hard. Coed Baseball, BBQ's, Holiday parties, Annual Summer Picnic, Free daily
fresh fruit café and drinks, open-door to management policy, excellent benefits, team environment full of people
willing to help with anything, and a prevailing sense of humor.
TITLE: RF Architect
Director of Hardware Engineering
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
The Sr. RF Architect will work on the radio
subsystem of our communications product line. Responsibilities include designing, testing, and optimizing RF systems
from scratch as well as transitioning systems from prototype to production. This individual will work with a team
of RF/HW engineers as well as systems engineers to develop and bring to market our novel wireless communication
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS- EXPERIENCE:
- End-to-end product development (concept, design, implementation, test, production, and support) of the millimeter
wave radio portion of our communications product line
- Design high-performance RF transceivers and baseband radios, starting from design requirements, up through
cascade analysis, component selection, schematic design, simulation, layout, and test.
- Perform analysis and simulation of both linear and non-linear circuits such as phase-locked loops, vector
modulators/demodulators, oscillators, mixers, multipliers, synthesizers, low noise and/or power amplifiers
- Perform/Oversee testing on new designs to ensure requirements such as gain, noise figure, 1db compression
point, distortion limits, and impedance matching are met
- Prepare and release designs for manufacturing of both prototype and production parts, and support products
through regulatory testing
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (e.g. Shift-working)
- M.S. in electrical engineering, PhD. preferred
- 15+ years of experience in E-band millimeter wave, microwave, or radar systems industry.
- Proficiency in performing detailed microwave/millimeter wave and baseband communications circuit and subsystem
design (e.g., filters, amplifiers, oscillators, mixers, detectors, modulators & demodulators, interconnect)
while meeting unique customer requirements for power, weight, size, modulation, and protocols.
- Practical and theoretical foundation in module and system-level microwave/millimeter wave test and troubleshooting
- Ability to integrate microwave/millimeter wave and baseband sub-systems on both new and existing platforms
- Must have experience characterizing radio performance in, X-Band and E-Band frequencies
- Must have knowledge of digital communication systems and modulation types such as FSK, BPSK, QPSK, QAM, and
- Experience in frequency synthesis, filter design, impedance matching, carrier recovery, direct conversion
transceivers, gain cascades, equalization and limiting amplifiers.
- Thorough understanding of RF passive components such as Hybrid couplers, Wilkinson dividers, waveguides, circulators,
and directional couplers
- Experience with high speed, high performance digital and RF PCB design, including understanding of cross talk
and EMI suppression as relevant to PCB design
- Familiarity with using VNAs, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc and in-system debugging
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
AOptix Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Flexibility with hours during weeknight or weekends as needed
Send resumes to
POSITION TITLE: Senior
Technical Field Support Engineer
AOptix is looking for a Senior Technical Field Support Engineer.
As a Field Support Engineer you will be instrumental in ensuring the successful product launch, and uptake, of the
AOptix telecommunications solution. This person will act as the primary field support interface between sales
and our customer/client base to assure maximum satisfaction with our telecom solution. The person in the position
will be required to travel to initially domestic US locations and eventually global locations for onsite field deployment
and testing, initial customer instruction, and to support customer acceptance testing of AOptix's solutions.
- Work closely with our customers, as well as interface with sales, product management, engineering and operations
teams to provide needed technical solutions to suit the customer needs.
- Dependent on location, this position requires up to 80% travel, both domestic and international.
- Troubleshoot, debug and test field issues and product problems.
- Contribute to Installation and Troubleshooting guides and manuals and other technical product documentation.
- Evaluate, validate, and present technical solutions to customers.
- Own question and answer discussions with customers.
- Ensure that products are successfully installed and accurate as sold to the customer.
- Provide ongoing post-sales technical support to customers and look for opportunities to strengthen the partnership
- Make suggestions for Product Roadmap.
AOptix Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- 5+ years experience in post sales support of broadband RF systems with emphasis point-to-point microwave radios
in the 6 -40 GHz bands (80 GHz band experience a plus)
- Minimum associate degree or extensive practical experience/knowledge in wireless technology
- Proven leadership ability and knowledge of wireless industry required.
- Previous start-up experience is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required.
- Location in Silicon Valley
Send resumes to
Optix Technologies, Inc.
675 Campbell Technology Parkway
Posted August 14, 2013