Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Spirent Has an Opening for a Senior LTE Network Emulator Layer 1
Architect / Developer Software / Firmware
Senior Staff Engineer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior LTE Network Emulator Layer 1 Architect / Developer
Software / Firmware Senior Staff Engineer
– Will Consider East or West Coast
The successful candidate will be part of a team developing
embedded software for test solutions for mobile device testing. Position involves the development of embedded SW for
LTE L1 SDR (software defined radio) on Xilinx FPGA, PPC, and x86 processors. This includes the integration of hardware
and software. The successful candidate will implement new products as well as enhancements to existing products. This
also includes the integration of hardware and software. The successful candidate will implement new products as well
as enhancements to existing products and have leadership responsibilities.
- Architecture, Design, and implementation of embedded software for LTE L1 SDR.
- Design specification, implementation, and testing of embedded and applications software for test instruments.
- Development verification test plan development and execution.
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
- BSEE/BSCE required. MSEE/MSCE desired.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a similar position in related technologies.
- Strong familiarity with LTE/UMTS/CDMA wireless communication technologies and a high aptitude for both physical
layer and protocol layer details related to RF communication networks. In-depth knowledge of L1/L2 procedures and
the utilization of them is highly desirable.
- Experience with design verification testing of wireless terminals is desired; experience with script-based network
simulators also desired.
- Strong knowledge of structured software design practices.
- Experience with FPGA design and VHDL is desired.
- Microsoft .NET or PowerPC based WindRiver VxWorks experience desirable.
- Data network protocols (TCP/UDP/SIP) experience desirable.
- Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and team-oriented approach.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are also needed in this position.
- Ability to travel internationally.
is where the world's leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation
communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems
as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our
innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries
of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent
solutions are paving the way for tomorrow's communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative,
creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision,
and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and
be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your
opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one
thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do
this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed
and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Apply directly at:
Tracy A. James | Spirent Communications | East Coast Recruitment
Join the Spirent Team!
Here are all 5 jobs posted on this date:
Posted August 16, 2013