Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
Spirent Has an Opening for a Senior LTE Systems Software Architect / Engineer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior LTE Systems Software Architect / Engineer
This a senior LTE System Software
Architect/Engineer position for Spirent's Wireless Division in Fort Worth, Texas. The successful candidate will
be developing system architectures and driving the technical direction of Spirent's industry leading wireless testing
As a member of our team you will be front and center in the analysis, architecture, and testing;
research, investigate, and define new areas of technology to enhance existing products, take existing products towards
a solution or new product directions; evaluate and test functionality, performance, and interoperability; work with
customers and partners; conduct presentations and demonstrations internal and external; lead other team members
with your skills and ideas.
- High level technical contributor providing analysis and solution to the most complex issues both in and across
- Work with Product Management and Solution Architects to specify requirements
- Analyze wireless standards from 3GPP, 3GPP2 and other technical forums as well as commercial deployments
- Work with multiple product teams and partners to define solution, components and interfaces to help drive
Development and get unified technical understanding across the organization.
- Write systems level specifications, requirements, and architecture documents
- Provide systems level architectural guidance and feature prioritization
- Analyze, test, and characterize system capabilities throughout the development process
- Track industry standards, and assess RFC compliance in product features and functionality
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes, and standards
- Research new technology areas, innovations, ideas
- Set the standard for excellent presentation, communication, and technical leadership
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Computer/Electrical Engineering is required with a minimum of 12 years
of related / applicable experience
- Excellent knowledge of wireless access (LTE) and wireless core network packet protocols, mobility, IMS, SIP
and VoIP/VoLTE; and the associated call flows (end-to-end)
- Expert industry knowledge in TCP/IP networking topologies and protocols
- Strong problem solving skills and team-oriented approach
- Excellent English communication skill
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work
- Ability to travel internationally
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
- Minimum 7 years working experience of Wireless packet core and/or access network protocol software development
- Experience with software/hardware integration and debugging
- Experience with design verification testing of wireless terminals is desired
- Experience with development and use of virtual environments
- Coding experience in languages such as C, C++, Perl, Tcl, Python, and XML, and good OOA/OOD knowledge
is where the world's leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for
next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's
test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations
for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential.
The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even
defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow's communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent
is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities,
vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated
people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this
is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start
with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities.
We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for
you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Tracy A. James | Spirent Communications | East Coast Recruitment
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames
Join the Spirent Team!
Here are all 5 jobs posted on this date:
Posted August 16, 2013
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe