Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Spirent Has an Opening for a Senior Wireless Protocol Software Architect, Senior Staff Engineer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior Wireless Protocol Software Architect
Senior Staff Engineer
candidate will be part of a team developing software for Spirent's Wi-Fi emulation products for mobile device testing.
Position involves the development of embedded and protocol software in a Linux environment. This also includes the
integration of hardware and software. The successful candidate will implement new products as well as enhancements
to existing products and have leadership responsibilities. Excellent SW development design skills including OOP
are also required. Good communication skills are essential.
- Architecture, Design, and implementation of protocol and embedded software for our Wi-Fi emulation product
- Creating prototype of designs as proof-of-concept.
- Provide leadership to a SW development team to implement product designs.
- Working with a HW development team to ensure the implementation will meet the product roadmap.
- Working with Product Management to validate customer requirements and translate them into engineering requirements.
- BSEE/BSCE required. MSEE/MSCE desired.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a similar position in related technologies.
- Technical and conversational English speaking and writing required.
- Deep knowledge of wireless communication technologies including Wi-Fi. A good understanding of both physical
layer and protocol layer details is important.
- Strong knowledge of structured software design practices.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of C/C++ including object oriented design and programming (OOP).
- Linux OS experience essential; Microsoft Windows also good to have.
- Experience with test and measurement equipment including mobile device test is helpful.
- Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and team-oriented ap
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus.
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
is where the world's leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for
next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's
test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations
for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential.
The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even
defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow's communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent
is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities,
vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated
people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this
is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start
with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities.
We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for
you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Tracy A. James | Spirent Communications | East Coast Recruitment
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames
Join the Spirent Team!
Here are all 5 jobs posted on this date:
Posted August 16, 2013