Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
Spirent Has an Opening for a Wireless Applications Software Senior Engineer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Wireless Applications Software Senior Engineer
The successful candidate will be
part of a team developing application and embedded software for Spirent's industry leading wireless device test
systems. This includes the integration of hardware and software. The successful candidate will implement new products
as well as enhancements to existing products and have leadership responsibilities. Product areas include systems
and system components used for testing wireless devices (LTE, UMTS and CDMA) for compliance to several industry
standards, with the initial focus on TD-LTE technology. The primary focus of the position is on the test specifications
and the associated embedded and application software that implements various wireless protocol standards and controls
test equipment to manage the test procedures/ results.
- Development including specification, design, implementation and design verification of software and/or system
- Software includes languages such as C/C++, C# and .NET on Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with the development and ground-up implementation of embedded and application software
- Staying up to date with evolving wireless standards and technologies
- Participate in the requirement analysis, detailed design, development and testing activities
- Perform software coding and testing as per established guidelines using C/C++/C# on windows and Linux platforms
- Analyze 3GPP standards and specifications and translate that to design, requirements and code
- Write requirement documents, design documents and test procedures
- Work with cross-functional teams to integrate various software and hardware components
- Occasionally travel to customer sites for product inter-ops or demos
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
- BSEE/BSCE required. MSEE/MSCE desired
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position in related technologies
- Experience with either developing or testing wireless protocol stacks at L1, L2 or L3 (LTE or UMTS)
- Strong embedded and/or application software development experience using C/C++ or C#
- Experience with signal analyzers and UE debugging tools for wireless protocol debugging and analysis
- Motivated self-starter who likes challenging work
- Basic understanding of hardware and software engineering practices, software architecture and coding practices,
HW/SW debug and verification
- Familiarity with wireless communication technologies and protocols desirable
- Expertise with wireless physical layer modeling highly desirable
- Motivated self-starter who likes challenging work
is where the world's leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for
next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's
test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations
for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential.
The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even
defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow's communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent
is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities,
vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated
people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this
is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start
with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities.
We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for
you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Apply directly at:
Tracy A. James | Spirent Communications | East Coast Recruitment
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames
Join the Spirent Team!
Here are all 5 jobs posted on this date:
Posted August 16, 2013
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe