Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
Quality Manager Position Available with Semtech
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Posted March 1, 2013
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of high-quality analog and mixed-signal semiconductor
products. We are dedicated to providing you with proprietary solutions and breakthrough technology
in power management, circuit protection, timing and synchronization, touch interface, video broadcasting,
high-performance optical transport equipment (SerDes), high-reliability military products, low-power
wireless RF, and digital sensor/signal conditioning ICs. Our products are used in some of the
most innovative systems and in some of the fastest growing markets in the industry. These markets
include Smartphones, LCD TVs, Notebook Computers, Wireless LAN Modems, Automatic Meter Reading,
Ultra-Low Power Medical, Satellite Communication, Cellular Infrastructure, Optical Transport and
Quality Manager: Semtech
The candidate must make significant contributions to preventing quality issues and to making continuous
- Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and
- Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting,
testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products.
- Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements
- Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Performs/coordinates analysis of RMAs from customers, evaluates viability of returns
and takes remediation action required. Works with business unit engineering teams and supplier
quality engineering to resolve customer issues.
- Resolves customer initiated corrective actions.
- Works with business unit and suppliers as necessary to drive quality improvements.
RMA, CCARE, FMEA, ISO, CAR, PAR, Continuous
- BS Electrical Engineering with 8 years of experience. MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Solid knowledge of RF theory and previous experience with testing and quality assurance
of millimeter wave products.
- Previous hands on experience with quality management systems, acquiring and maintaining
- Solid knowledge of product engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to identify semiconductor device failure mechanisms.
- Effective communicator with the ability to interface at all levels within the organization,
possessing a thorough written and verbal command of the English language.
- Experience in defense industry (dealing with customers and suppliers) preferred.
- Travel May be Required: 10 to 20 %
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe