Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Thanks to our 50 years of industry experience, Aviat Networks
knows microwave transmission better than anyone, and now we are delivering the next generation of LTE Proven and Mission
Critical microwave networking solutions that bring together high performance radio transmission, advanced data networking
and smart network evolution to all-IP.
With locations across the world, Aviat works by the side of our customers, offering a wide spectrum of service
and support solutions that allows them to quickly seize new market opportunities and deliver the highest quality of
experience to their customers.
Our radios are designed, built and supported all within the USA. Aviat's nationwide presence includes Corporate
Headquarters and R&D center, manufacturing, and comprehensive in-country deployment services and after-sales support
Reports to VP Sales and Services North America
Responsible for developing and executing a services strategy that supports the existing customer business and the
sector's growth strategy. The initial focus is to evolve the organization from a microwave implementation group to
a full systems solution provider. The following are key responsibilities of the position:
- Responsible for the financial performance of all projects as it relates to revenue and gross margin goals set
in the annual operating plan. This includes establishing procedures and strategies consistent with the division
- Will directly manage Program and Project Management and will indirectly manage Network Integration, Transmission
Engineering, and Project Engineering on post sales activities.
- Will build relationships and interact cohesively with the region's sales staff at both a management and working
level, and other functional groups within Aviat Networks to assure that customer's needs are being met. Will ensure
that any requests for pre sales support are properly pursued
- Will work closely with representatives from Finance, Sales Operations, Operations, Sales, and any Business Process
groups within Aviat to:
- Responsible for weekly revenue and gross margin forecasting, proactively maintain
the regional revenue and gross margin plans.
- Provide monthly/quarterly/annual program reviews to management.
- Be responsible for giving input and maintaining annual expense budgets for the NA Services organization.
- Work with VP of Sales and Services on continued growth strategies that leverage the services organization.
- Secure product deliveries to meet pre-defined schedules
- Secure resource availability through strategic and operational staff planning.
- Works closely with customers and sales staff on sales opportunities, as well as project progress discussions.
- Ensure Project Profitability Reviews are conducted at both the halfway point and after final customer acceptance.
two points in the project lifecycle. Selected projects should be those that are demonstrating challenges with
- Support any effort to streamline and evolve system and services tools and processes
- Work with Sales to ensure Service pricing is in line with competitive market requirements
- Drive a disciplined change order process to ensure all costs are properly accounted for and passed on to the
appropriate party for ownership or payment
- Preferred position location is Aviat Headquarters in Santa Clara, CA
The successful candidate should have experience as a strategic operating executive with a demonstrated ability
to lead organizations and streamline business processes for maximum efficiency. Proven experience to communicate the
"big picture" while prioritizing details when delivering large-scale technology projects with new products and services
in competitive markets. Must have outstanding organizational leadership, innovation, analytics, competitiveness, sales
savvy and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Profit and loss experience is a must Specific experience
in Leadership, Operations Management, Sales, Program Management, Large Scale Program Experience, Consulting, New Services
Product Introduction is preferred.
- BS or BE in Engineering or other technical field with 12+ years of experience in customer project management,
- 15+ years' experience in the telecommunications industry with a proven track record of leading a diverse organization
in a technical environment.
- Solid technical understanding of RF/Microwave transmission networks
- Strong financial background; strong business management and acumen skillset
- Experience in working directly with Customers within a Sales environment
- Ability to travel at least 25%
- Experience with managing large teams of 30+ employees.
- Proven leadership track record, problem solving and customer service capabilities
- Position requires a high level of focus, energy and attention to detail.
- Must be willing to engage at individual project level to resolve schedule or customer conflicts.
- Ability to effectively lead groups in excess of 50 people.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to develop and motivate organizational talent
- Prior experience developing and leading teams
- Prior experience leading an organization that has profit and loss responsibility
- Prior project management or program management experience
- Good strategic leader
- Prior experience working in the field with customers
- Excellent presentation skills – prior experience presenting technical and non-technical material
- Good communications skills
- Strong initiative to proactively recognize issues and associated resolution
- Excellent judgment, able to make quick and accurate decisions
- Strong work ethic
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good computer skills (MSWord, Excel, Project Management, etc.). Strong ability to use MS Office and project
Sr. HR Manager
Phone: +1 408 567 6734
Posted August 22, 2014