Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
October 6, 2014
A veteran-owned small business founded in 2000,
NuWaves Engineering is a premier supplier of Radio Frequency (RF) and Microwave solutions for military, government, industrial, and
commercial customers. NuWaves provides quick-tempo design and engineering services that address the most demanding
customer requirements, especially with regard to hardware size, weight and power (SWaP) reduction,
and – oftentimes equally important – schedule. NuWaves also offers a broad catalog of high-performance commercial
off-the-shelf (COTS) RF products, many of which have been derived from custom developments. NuWaves is known throughout
the industry for high-performance miniature designs and cost-effective
solutions, meeting the most demanding customer requirements.
Business Development Representative
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Representative has the challenging
task of identifying business opportunities for the organization, cultivating key client relationships, performing
business capture planning, management, and execution and ultimately delivering bookings for the company's design services,
engineering services and products. The Business Development Representative is expected to perform the following duties:
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent), with a successful business
development track record in military electronics, preferably radio frequency (RF) & microwave related, with relevant
industry experience of at least 10 years. Previous military experience is a plus. Must be a U.S. citizen. Approximately
25% travel is expected. The candidate should have skill sets and/or traits that include:
- Identify and validate business opportunities that meet the company's strategic business plan.
- Develop business capture strategies.
- Identify competitors and provide a competitive analysis to the leadership team.
- Manage customer interaction and develop senior-level relationships with targeted customers.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline in support of company growth objectives by identifying, creating and qualifying
opportunities with prime and upper-tier contractors, partners and end users.
- Lead Bid and Proposal (B&P) efforts on new business opportunities.
- Provide input to the company's strategic planning processes and recommend new business pursuit areas.
- Work with sales representatives to identify key customers and increase penetration into customer accounts and
- Track and regularly report on opportunities and conversion progress.
- Participate in relevant reporting of management and financial information for the sales and marketing departments.
- Contribute to the identification and shaping of Research & Development (R&D) and new product development.
- Participate in industry trade shows and conferences.
- Write technical papers, white papers, status reports, and application notes that support NuWaves' strategic
and tactical plans.
- Work with managers and their staff to ensure that customer expectations are well defined, completely understood
and clearly communicated to every level of the organization.
- Work with Operations to ensure that products are built and shipped on time and in the most cost-effective manner
in order to meet customer expectations.
- Maintain corporate image and reputation, and protect the company's brand.
- Be flexible and adaptable in order to meet both the tactical and strategic objectives of NuWaves.
- Provide excellent communications, both written and verbally, both externally and throughout all levels of the
- Excellent communication, analytical and financial skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility in order to meet both the tactical and strategic objectives of NuWaves.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Works well with others, can lead a team to success.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
- Prospers in a small company atmosphere.
- Basic market, programmatic, budget and technical understanding of DoD and government service/agency needs and
Reports To: Director Business Development
Status: Full-time / Exempt (Salary)
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes excellent benefits.
Please send resumes with salary requirements to:
Amanda Y. Stephany
HR Human Resources Administrator
122 Edison Drive
Phone: (513) 360-0800 x323
Fax: (513) 360-0888
Posted October 6, 2014