Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of
engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. See most recent list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
This list provides a good sampling of what
is available if you are seeking to enhance your career, whether it be via searching
for a new job, improving your status and abilities in your current job, or starting
your own company.
Here is a list of current engineering jobs listed
on RF Cafe.
Job resource lists for 2014 |
2017 | 2018 |
March 5, 2018
Vimeo is a leading online video platform with more than 240 million visitors per month. We recently launched Vimeo Live and acquired the Brooklyn-based company Livestream, the leading global provider of live video solutions. With the addition of Livestream's powerful technology, Vimeo offers the most complete video workflow on the market for businesses, organizations, and professional creators.
As a Lead RF Design Engineer, you will focus on improving and optimizing wireless performance as well as architecting and designing future products in the suite for our recently launched 'Mevo' live streaming / live editing camera (getmevo.com). You will be joining a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering team with offices in Brooklyn (electrical and mechanical) and Ukraine (software and firmware).
You’ll be leading the design and work with electrical, mechanical, and industry design teams to optimize product performance and customer experience. You should have experience designing RF sub-system from concept to mass production. You should be self-motivated, highly organized, and passionate about RF and the underlying technologies.
What You'll Do:
- Architect and design multi-radio/multi-antenna radio communication systems
- Wireless chipset and module evaluation and/or design
- Antenna specification, evaluation, and/or design
- Schematic/board level RF design, bring up, and troubleshoot
- Identify RF system issues and provide expertise to a multi-disciplinary team
- Develop test plan and oversee compliance verification with external certification labs
- Generate and maintain documentation of designs
- Overseas travel to manufacturing partner sites during board bring up and pilot runs
Skills & Knowledge You'll Possess:
- Experienced in MIMO and MU-MIMO designs and technologies
- Experienced in antenna design/simulation
- Familiar with 802.11ad/ax, BT5.0, and cellular 5G roadmaps
- Knowledge of software/firmware/NVRAM tuning to optimize RF link performance
- Familiar with LTE, LTE-A, LTE-U technologies
- 5 to 10 years of industry experience
- Track record of shipping successful consumer electronic products with WiFi connectivity
- In-depth knowledge of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, BT/BLE, cellular, and other wireless technologies
- Hands-on experience with WiFi, BT, and/or cellular module development and deployment
- Familiar with digital and analog modulation schemes and their trade-offs
- Experience with RF system design for high bitrate in dense and highly congested RF environment
- Expert in passive and active RF circuit design
- Transmission line design, RF board layout, antenna theory, filter design, S parameters
- PA/LNA/transceiver design and evaluation
- Familiar with RF lab equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, VNA, VSA, etc.)
- Familiar with EE CAD such as Altium and OrCAD, and RF simulation CAD tools
- Design for manufacturability
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering with focus in RF/wireless systems
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
555 West 18th Street, 4th Floor
New York City, New York
Posted March 6, 2018