Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of
engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. See most recent list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Materials Scientist / Senior Materials Scientist
January 10, 2019 - Charleroi, PA - Nokomis, Inc. is a dynamic technology company with over 16 years
history of technical excellence in the development of next-generation Radio Frequency
(RF) sensor systems. During the last 6 years, Nokomis has experienced rapid growth in
the area of materials development, both aimed at supporting the core RF technology areas
and also independent technology areas, such as EO/IR sensor materials and ultra-low wear
is seeking innovative and ambitious Scientists and Engineers, to join and complement
our 20+ member R&D team. The Materials Scientist role at Nokomis will drive innovative R&D
efforts through government grants and contracts to develop revolutionary materials and
materials applications. Successful Scientists become the leaders of R&D efforts and
become integral to all aspects of Nokomis activities.
Successful candidates are driven by technical accomplishments and making a strong
impact on the development of advanced technology and have strong written and verbal communication
skills. This position will focus primarily on material development, supporting
current efforts on charged carrier emission suppression coatings, tribological coatings,
and EO/IR sensor materials. The ideal applicant may also support projects involving
RF sensing and spectral analysis for target detection, and cyber security when necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new technology initiatives through solicited and unsolicited proposals to
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Assist in programmatic aspect including drafting on internal and external documents,
interfacing with customers, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- General program management, as it applies to fast paced, non-reoccurring engineering
- When necessary, support travel Learn and assist with patent development
- Doctoral Degree or Master’s Degree.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter that can work efficiently without oversight.
- Experience with or interest in learning Program Management as it applies to highly
fluid, non-reoccurring engineering (NRE) programs.
- Must have confidence and ability to make decisions independently and to proactively
seek input when needed.
- Strong knowledge of materials development/testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree required, PhD Preferred.
- Comprehensive Medical insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Paid (Sick/Vacation) leaves.
- Company outing and teambuilding events.
- Pittsburgh Pirates team building and family events.
- Kennywood Amusement Park Family Outing.
- Pittsburgh Aquarium Christmas Party.
- Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim teambuilding exercise.
- Conference Participation.
- Company-paid themed luncheons (Hawaiian, Cinco De Mayo, etc.).
- Unique 401(k) matching program.
- 25% guaranteed company match.
- Company plans match of 200%on a year-to-year basis.
- Employees who maxed personal contribution received company match of $35k in 2018.
- R&D grant and contract capture incentives.
- Baseline $5000 bonus and $5000 salary increase for winning certain grants/contract
- 2019 expense-paid Hawaiian vacation incentive.
- SBIR Challenge (substantial monetary remuneration enhancement for excellence in winning
- Individualized incentive programs.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to contact Nokomis. Please visit our
for more information and other job openings. Nokomis, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Positions are open to US citizens only.
Nokomis is a high growth technology company dedicated to providing advanced technical
capability for our customers. Over the last decade our team has developed and delivered
state-of-the-art uniquely capable sensors and technology solutions. Founded in 2002,
Nokomis is the pre-eminent company in the world in the detection, identification, and
geolocation of electronics. Nokomis has executed on over 65 government contracts valued
over $38 million in aggregate. Nokomis is a certified small business with corporate offices
located in Charleroi, Pennsylvania. The 50,000 sq. ft. Charleroi facility is endowed
with state-of-the-art scientific, engineering and manufacturing capabilities. Additional
locations include an Embedded Systems Division located in Toledo, OH; a Non-Destructive
Evaluation Division in McDonald, PA; and a 163 acre test facility in Mather, PA.
310 5th Street
Phone: 724-483-3946 (office)
Posted January 11, 2019