Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
RF Test Technician
Location: Massachusetts, South Deerfield, USA
Job Reference: INTERCONNECTNA00049
Schedule Type: Full Time
Job Function: Operations
March 18, 2019 - Smiths is always looking for
curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge.
Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier,
more efficient and more connected. We're proud that we've been helping propel the
human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things
differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big. Today
we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues,
that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Job Description -
RF Test Coordinator
Coordinates and performs the operation, training, maintenance and continuous
improvement of the BTPA RF lab, Compact Antenna Test Range (CATR) & Environmental
Stress Screening (ESS) lab, and the MMW Far-Field (FFR) & Near-Field Ranges
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize engineer drawings, test procedures, and processes to support Antenna
mechanical and test assemblies.
- Plan performance schedule for various test and measurement needs to support
production schedule and SII's internal/ external customers.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering and Test Coordinators in the development of
documented procedures, processes and datasheets as required.
- Oversee detailed test schedules and coordinates staffing assignments.
- Serve as the primary contact to the customer as required.
- Assure compliance to customer specifications, internal test procedures, processes,
- Troubleshoot problem areas with test equipment and/or product related areas.
- Maintain calibration and shelf-life on all equipment in assigned work space.
- Provide for the training and development of technician personnel to assure effective
job performance and skill development.
- Meet department's quality workmanship standards.
- Meet on-time delivery requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Practices & maintains a work environment that is in keeping with corporate
Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) objectives.
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in a related field preferred.
- Education: AS or equivalent U.S. military/technical school training preferred.
- Travel: Localized travel between Northampton (MMW) and South Deerfield (BTPA),
as well as, developmental opportunities as available.
- Security: U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident). Secret
Security Clearance a plus.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The position is located within secured DoD sites. A security clearance may be
required for this position.
- Expert in RF test and measurements up to 100+ GHz including Vector and Scalar
measurement techniques required.
- Experience with RF antennas, microwave products, subsystems or systems in defense
and commercial aerospace markets a plus.
- Knowledge of Antenna Assembly and test.
- Experience operating thermal and thermal/vacuum environmental chambers.
- Experience operating vibration systems.
- Understands and demonstrates acquired knowledge of customer specifications.
- Knowledge and familiarity with engineering drawings.
- Comprehension of mechanical engineering processes.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- General assembly and operations knowledge.
- Familiarity/experience with environmental test operations.
- Knowledge of proper use of standard hand tools.
- Experience working with electronics, computers, and electrical component build
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint required.
- Must have ability to run acceptance test procedures for customer using test
- Working knowledge of AS9100, ANSI, ISO, OSHA, and MIL standards desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have product knowledge for training purposes.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with Lean/5S.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Previous supervisory or team lead experience a plus.
- Use of necessary PPE and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Driving Results: Motivate to persistently pursue and achieve effective results,
which drive the business forward.
- Strategic Decision Making: Make effective and timely decisions by sourcing and
analyzing critical information.
- Commercial Orientation: Understand and recognize the organizations commercial
and military market environment in order to support commercial success.
- Driving Change: Identify, lead and support change and continuous improvement
in own and wider business environment.
- Stakeholder Impact: Effectively build relationships both internally and externally,
understanding the customers' needs.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Engage, challenge and work effectively with
- Emotional Intelligence: Able to monitor your own and others' emotions to appropriately
guide thinking and behavior.
- Influence: Able to navigate conversations and various scenarios to appropriately
negotiate the desired outcome.
Planning and Decision Making:
Must be able to make decisions or suggest ideas while performing and supervising
multiple tasks at any given time.
Impact and Scope:
Scope of this position is to support manufacturing of complex antenna and RF/Microwave
assemblies through performance and coordination of personnel and equipment within
the sites' antenna ranges and ESS test lab.
Key Internal and External Relationships:
- Operations Personnel (Production, Supply Chain, Quality)
- Program Management
Smiths Interconnect is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can
perform at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology is used
to keep military radar systems online while our antenna solutions are installed
across aircraft and space applications to enhance communications. Innovative cable
solutions increase signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and augmented
reality and surgical robotics are made possible with connectors that increase bandwidth
and data rates. Customers rely on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity
in the harshest environments. Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon, Lockheed
Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense Webster. As one of the five divisions
of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global
presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities
in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia. So whether
you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global
scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues.
There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Sheri B. Galloway
Sr. Recruiter - Engineering & IT
Smiths Talent Acquisition
Posted March 14, 2019