Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Supporting America's Advanced Technology
October 26, 2020 - Nokomis Inc., is a high technology research and development
company located just south of Pittsburgh, PA. Nokomis does cutting-edge technology
work for the Department of Defense (DoD) and other Government Agencies. We rank
in the top 3 for entities under 300 employees in the state of Pennsylvania for the
number of R&D contracts we typically win yearly.
We are seeking a versatile
Engineering Manager that can apply their skills and
experience to a wide array of design challenges and produce results that enhance
the company's product offerings. In this role, you will be responsible for utilizing
your industry knowledge to oversee a variety of activities. You will also be responsible
for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled, and for solving
any engineering issue that comes up in a project. You will also answer technical
questions, prepare reports on the progress of all projects, training new employees,
proposing budgets for projects, and working with various departments.
One of the most important aspects of this position will be to provide the ability
to effectively delegate work assignments and effective problem-solving skills to
address any issues that come up.
Engineering Manager Job Duties:
- Manages Engineering group consisting of Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, and
Test Engineers/Technicians • Coordinates work with other managers and staff • Assigns
tasks to engineers • Gauges progress of various projects • Communicates effectively
with customers • Collaborates with the sales team to create new products • Proposes
budgets for various projects • Provides oversight of Program/Project execution •
Works with Business Development on customer engagement and proposals • Continuous
improvement of Engineering and Program/Project management procedures/norms • Hires
and supervises engineering and support staff • Trains new technical employees
*Must be eligible for security clearance and be a US Citizen*
- Must be willing to come into the office on a daily basis (8:00 AM start time)
- Bachelor's or a Master's degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical, etc.)
with experience in leading a team of engineers
- Experience in new product development
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management
personnel. Must be able to effectively communicate instructions while leading the
team to meet their goals.
- Detail-oriented for understanding complex systems and the ability to pay attention
to details, as a minor error can result in major problems.
- Math skills, including calculus and other advanced mathematics for developing
new processes and products.
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules.
- Proven ability to collaborate with many other teams within the organization
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental insurance coverage
- Paid (Sick/Vacation) leaves
- Company outing and teambuilding events
- Pittsburgh Pirates team building and family events
- Kennywood Amusement Park Family Outing
- Annual Christmas Party
- Company-paid themed luncheons (Hawaiian, Cinco De Mayo, etc.)
- Unique 401(k) matching program
- 25% guaranteed company match
- Company plans match of 200% on a year-to-year basis
- Employees who maxed contribution received match of $35k in 2018
- Milestone driven monetary incentives
- Contract Capture Incentives and Bonuses
- Baseline salary increase and bonus for winning new contracts
- Individualized incentive programs
- Company provides free coffee, soft drinks, snacks and company-paid discount
memberships for Sam's Club, etc.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Discipline, preferred experience in RF, electromagnetics,
or electronic systems design.
Nokomis is a high growth technology company dedicated to providing advanced technical
capability for our customers. Our team has developed and delivered state-of-the-art
uniquely capable sensors and technology solutions. Founded in 2002, Nokomis is the
pre-eminent company in the world in the detection, identification, and geolocation
of electronics. Nokomis has executed on over 125 contracts with the Government as
a Prime Contractor. The valuation of these contracts in aggregate is over $60 million.
Nokomis is headquartered in Charleroi, PA in an established state-of-the-art research
and development center, with 50,000 square ft. of laboratory and office space. The
advanced diagnostics of electronics division is located in McDonald, PA. The Nokomis
163 acre test facility is located in Mather, PA.
310 Fifth Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
(724) 926-2299 ext. 212
Mobile: (724) 986-7674
Posted October 26, 2020