Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where
a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on
behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Supporting America's Advanced Technology
April 20, 2021 -
Nokomis Inc., is a high technology research and development company located
just south of Pittsburgh, PA. Nokomis does cutting-edge technology work for the
Department of Defense (DoD) and other Government Agencies. We rank in the top 3
for entities under 300 employees in the state of Pennsylvania for the number of
R&D contracts we typically win yearly.
Nokomis Inc. is seeking a PCB Layout Designer to design complex, multilayer PCBs
with high density BGAs using Mentor PADS. This position will be responsible for
completing a variety of tasks in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. The
ideal candidate will have experience in the layout of a mixture of different types
of technology boards, thru hole, SMT, and mixed with possibly blind and buried vias.
The boards will have a wide range from very simple one-layer, single sided placement,
to multi-layer double sided placement. Technology ranges from analog to high-speed
digital layouts. This is a contract position.
- Create and verify footprints for merging into shared parts libraries.
- Perform detailed parts placement, incorporate mechanical restraints, layout,
analysis, verification, and related work on new and existing printed circuit boards
and complex assemblies.
- Provide support to the design, development, prototype fabrication, and design
- Generate required documentation for processes such as assembly, manufacturing
- Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Improve and update PCB design processes and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to work on-site in Charleroi, PA.
- U.S. citizenship (required).
- Experience designing printed circuit boards using Mentor PADS.
- Impedance, differential pairing, routing techniques, and EMF control.
- PCB design rules, fabrication specifications and processes.
- Knowledge of PCB form factors and specifications including PCI, PCIe, PMC, VME,
Power Supplies, CPUs.
- Strong attention to details.
- Effective organizational skills and professional communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
About Nokomis Incorporated
Nokomis is a high growth technology company dedicated to providing advanced technical
capability for our customers. Our team has developed and delivered state-of-the-art
uniquely capable sensors and technology solutions. Founded in 2002, Nokomis is the
pre-eminent company in the world in the detection, identification, and geolocation
of electronics. Nokomis has executed on over 125 contracts with the Government as
a Prime Contractor. The valuation of these contracts in aggregate is over $60 million.
Nokomis is headquartered in Charleroi, PA in an established state-of-the-art research
and development center, with 50,000 square ft. of laboratory and office space. The
advanced diagnostics of electronics division is located in McDonald, PA. The Nokomis
163 acre test facility is located in Mather, PA.
310 Fifth Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
(724) 926-2299 ext. 212
Mobile: (724) 986-7674
Posted October 21, 2021