RF, microwave, and wireless engineer,
technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent
List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Title: RF Applications Engineer
Reports To: CTO
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Position Location: Indianapolis, IN, or Atlanta, GA preferred,
Position Description and Company:
The Lead RF Design Engineer will develop new Copper Mountain Technologies
(CMT) VNAs for customers all over the world. Our USB VNAs are next generation
analyzers designed to meet the needs of 21st Century engineers. Our VNAs include
an RF measurement module and a processing module, a software application which
runs on a Windows or Linux PC, connecting to the measurement hardware via USB
The Lead RF Design Engineer will lead a team of engineers developing new
USB VNAs, meeting new customer requirements, and evolving current product line.
This individual will work closely with product management, manufacturing and
other engineering teams to ensure delivery of quality solutions to customers.
Take this opportunity to join a great company. Preferred location for this position
is in Indianapolis, Indiana or Atlanta, GA.
Essential Position Functions
- Understands customer test and measurement applications and their use of
vector network analyzers
- Understands technical requirements and product cost targets, and translates
them into design requirements and specifications
- Leads high level VNA system and component design
- Leads a team of RF designers and engineers
- Collaborates with other engineering teams including FPGA, signal processing
and others to deliver cost-effective manufacturable designs
- Collaborates with product management, manufacturing, technical writers
and others to design the whole product
- Develops cohesive project plans and achievable schedules to meet those
Note: The statements contained herein describe the essential functions of
this position but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work
requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work
in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or
otherwise balance the workload.
Non-Essential Position Functions
Other duties as assigned.
Manage a team of RF design engineers.
Education and Qualifications
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field, RF major
or concentration preferred
- 10+ years of experience in RF system or component design
- Team lead or management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of RF system and component design, test and integration
- Knowledge of and experience with Vector Network Analyzers
- Understanding of VNA structure and typical VNA measurements
- Understanding of measurement automation protocols
- Ability to translate technical and cost requirements into design requirements
- Experience in product or system design in mmWave frequencies
- Knowledge and direct experience designing at least some of the following:
amplifiers, mixers, filters, synthesizers, directional couplers, switches,
power splitters/converters, frequency multipliers and dividers, NLTL, automatic
- Experience collaborating with FPGA, signal processing and power systems
- Experience working with Altium Designer
- Understanding of design for test and manufacturability principles
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to solve challenging problems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment Demands
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit your information via our convenient
About Copper Mountain Technologies
Copper Mountain Technologies develops
innovative and robust RF test and measurement solutions for engineers all over
the world. The company was created in 2011 and is based in Indianapolis, IN
with a sales office in Singapore. Our innovative products and partnership approach
enable RF and Microwave engineers to realize their potential through access
to lab-grade instrumentation at affordable prices. Our world-class metrology
and engineering resources work as an extension of your team.
Copper Mountain Technologies' VNAs include an RF measurement module and a
software application which runs on any Windows PC, laptop or tablet, connecting
to the measurement hardware via USB interface. The user can take advantage of
the latest OS, processing power, larger display, and reliable performance of
an external PC, as well as lower total cost of ownership and simplified maintenance
of the analyzer. The result is a faster, more effective test process that fits
into the modern workspace in lab, production, field and secure testing environments.
This creative approach made Copper Mountain Technologies a leader in the industry
and earned them both the 2015 Frost & Sullivan Global Leadership in Innovation
Award and the 2017 Product Leadership Award
CMT engineers push the boundaries of convention when they develop VNAs. They
use the latest available technologies and components, and continuously improve
product selection and service. As an RF test and measurement leader, CMT contributes
their technical and metrology expertise to solving your challenging problems.
The goal is to help engineers and developers extend their reach by equipping
them with cutting-edge test instruments that are highly accurate, small, lightweight,
Copper Mountain Technologies
631 East New York
Indianapolis, IN 46202 USA
Posted July 27, 2020