RF, microwave, and wireless engineer,
technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent
List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Communications Lead Technician
August 16, 2021 - Ready to launch your career?
RGNext (Range Generation
Next) operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems
to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense,
civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile,
guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational
awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation's
safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations.
We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging,
stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
This position is located at
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, document and upgrade communication systems
including VSAT satellite communication systems, radios, voice communications, antennas,
pedestals, and electronics located on Kwajalein and Roi-Namur in the Marshall Islands.
- Support various technical systems on a ship, USAV Worthy.
- Additional responsibilities may include assisting with telemetry, voice
communications systems, radios, networks, power, and facilities.
- Support customers by preparing systems for mission execution and operations
- Periodically perform activities on towers and elevated structures.
- Take RF safety measurements, analyze results and report on the findings.
- Contribute to tasks related to property, calibration, secure room, COMSEC, and
other duties related to supporting the team and mission.
- Diagnose and understand the workings of RF and electronic systems such as satellite
communications, telemetry, radios, solid state transmitters, or radar systems.
- Ability to use spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, RF power
meters, and/or RF network analyzers to perform electronic maintenance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to define procedures
and technical manuals.
- Self-motivated and work effectively with considerable latitude but follow established
- Work well independently but also as part of a team with a common goal.
- Ability to climb towers and lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to travel to neighboring islands via helicopter and small plane.
- Ability to work on a ship and go to sea.
- Associates degree in electronics, RF, other technical field or two year technical
schools, or equivalent military experience or equivalent combination of education
- Previous military experience including MOS 35T, 25 series, 15E desired.
- Two (2) years or more of technical experience.
- Experience working on technical systems such as VSATs, communications, radars,
and control systems desired.
- Experience with networks, software programming, IT, or system administration,
- Experienced at building and/or terminating cables such as BNC, N type RF cables,
semi-rigid coax, Heliax coax and soldering, desired.
- Security+, Linux+, Network+, CCENT, and/or CCNA certifications, desired.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Physical ability to move equipment and racks. Physical ability to lift a 120
pound item with other team members. Willingness and physical ability to work aboard
a ship at-sea for multiple weeks Physical ability to fit and fly in a helicopter
and small aircraft. Must have a waist circumference of 42" or less to ride in helicopters.
Physical ability to climb stairs and towers up to 100' with appropriate PPE and
training. The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support
specific project or mission requirements. This position is unaccompanied. Must be
able to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands. Must
be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport Must be able to obtain and maintain
a DoD security clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
Valid U.S. Driver's License required. What We Offer:
Access to on-base fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, beach access, fishing,
scuba diving, snorkeling and golf course. Financial Opportunities: 401k savings
program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee
discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more. Work/Life
Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules. Equal Opportunity:
Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements
of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's
ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
Please visit RGNext's Careers page
to learn of the many opportunities available.
The RGNext Launch and Test
Range System (LISC) Team offers capabilities in range safety, weather, surveillance,
modeling and simulation, planning and scheduling, telemetry, radar, optics, timing
and sequencing, data handling, and communications. We also provide logistics support,
depot maintenance and sustainment.
RGNext executes the U.S.
Army's Reagan Test Site (RTS) Engineering and Technical Services (RETS) contract
that performs highly specialized test and evaluation operations. RTS operates as
a tenant unit on the US Army Garrison - Kwajalein Atoll (USAG-KA) in the Republic
of Marshall Islands and in Huntsville, Alabama. This contract provides a vehicle
for the provision of world class distributed, yet globally connected, RTS Range
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected
Veteran status or any other protected class.
Range Generation Next LLC (RGNext) is jointly owned by Raytheon Company and General
Dynamics Information Technology. RGNext is committed to providing our customers
with unparalleled service, meeting quality assurance objectives and reducing costs.
By requiring continuous improvement and promoting efficient practices, each employee
is empowered to support our customer’s missions. RGNext is responsible for operations
and specialized and technical services in these locations:
- Ascension Island, Atlantic Ocean
- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Jonathan Dickinson Missile Tracking Annex, Florida
- Kennedy Space Center, Florida
- Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
- Patrick Air Force Base, Florida
- Pillar Point Air Force Station, California
- Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
6905 N. Wickham Road, Ste. 301
Melbourne, FL 32940
Posted August 16, 2021