RF, microwave, and wireless engineer,
technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent
List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
May 10, 2022 - At
Raytheon Missiles &
Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference
across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded
range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues
Raytheon completes near-field testing of first production AN/SPY-6(V)1
array at Radar Development Facility (Raytheon image)
Raytheon Missiles and Defense is seeking an engineering professional to work
with a variety of programs as a contributor to detailed design, simulation, product
development, and initial product testing.
The RF Products Department is currently searching for
Electrical Engineers who have experience designing RF and Microwave hardware &
CCA design, including transmitters, receivers, and exciters. This role includes
design and test activities that span preliminary design to integration. Products
we develop support radar and datalink applications on a variety of tactical missile
programs. Critical to this role will be designing for challenging mechanical constraints
and extreme environments.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification
could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds,
and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here,
we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design and development of transmitters, receivers or exciters.
- Experience designing and optimizing RF circuits- either chains of components
(receiver, exciter, etc.) or individual parts (filters, limiters, couplers, etc.).
- Working in a lab to accomplish component characterization as well as module
verification and integration.
- Testing and handling sensitive RF Hardware.
- Design of circuit card assemblies (CCAs) with RF or mixed signals.
- Working with interdisciplinary teams- power, digital, mechanical, etc.
- Schematic capture and RF routing.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience to include at least 2 of the following:
- RF design and fabrication.
- RF test and troubleshoot.
- Simulation of RF products.
- At least ten (10) years of experience with any of the following tools:
- Mentor DX Designer or equivalent.
- High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS)or equivalent.
- SystemVue/Genesysor equivalent.
- Advanced Design System (ADS) or equivalent.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start
date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security
Qualifications We Value:
- Mentorship or apprenticeship experience.
- Technical oversight responsibilities for less-senior engineers.
- Working across domains on complex projects.
- Architecting and requirements definition for complex RF products.
- Team lead experience on technical projects including experience w/ cost and
- EVMS or CAM experience.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills with desire to continuously learn
- Ability to prepare documentation with minimal oversight.
- Solid communication and teaming skills with a focus on collaboration.
- Background in designing for manufacturability, producibility, and cost constraints.
Includes yield and margin analysis.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to proactively identify alternate
solutions to overcome difficult technical challenges.
- Technical background in the following areas:
- Cascade analysis and/or frequency planning.
- Filter design and fabrication.
- Circuit card assembly design and fabrication.
- Testing or designing RF hybrid (chip and wire) technologies.
- High speed data converter test/characterization.
- High power RF design or test experience.
- Scripting experience (Matlab or Python).
- Some front line leadership desirable.
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced
professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond
with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career
development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include
parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards,
educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US
citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial
Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles
and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security
Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring
and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan
region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson
is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets
residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
About Raytheon Missile & Defense
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies,
including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command
and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage
threats. Our technology helps protect citizens, soldiers and critical infrastructure
around the world. If you're ready to apply your skills and talents to a challenging
and rewarding career, explore our opportunities today and join the Raytheon Missiles &
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Senior Recruiter – Engineering
Human Resources – Talent Acquisition
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
1151 E. Hermans Road
Tucson, AZ 85756
Posted May 10, 2022