RF, microwave, and wireless engineer,
technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent
List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Tewksbury, MA -- May 10, 2022 -- At
Raytheon Missiles &
Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference
across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded
range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues
Raytheon Technologies is redefining the radar with what's
known as the “software-defined aperture,” making single arrays far more capable
and flexible through secure software upgrades. (Raytheon image)
We have an opportunity for an experienced
Senior Electrical Engineer: TWT & HPA Design who is seeking to
utilize their strong academic background and experience in High Power/High Voltage
Transmitters. This position requires an experienced senior technical and business
leader with a proven track record of invention, capture, and successful execution
in High Power Microwave (HPM) and Pulsed Power technologies. Responsibilities include
design and hands-on testing of high voltage/high power RF components plus providing
technical support to production activities across multiple programs. Team leadership
skills including cost and schedule management plus proposal writing and presentation
experience are desired. Some travel to integration sites, plus customer and subcontractor
facilities, may be required.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't
hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers
come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate
about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design of high voltage regulated power supply design and high power vacuum tube
- Integration and test of component level and system level hardware.
- Some travel to integration sites, plus customer and subcontractor facilities,
may be required.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of ten (10)
years of experience to include at least 5 of the following:
- Experience with high voltage regulated power supply design, integration, and
- Experience with high power vacuum tube amplifier design and test or equivalent
using solid state GaN amplifier technology.
- Microwave/RF system, subsystem and component analysis, design and test.
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS,
CST, Maxwell and analytical tools such as Matlab.
- Familiarity with the military strategic planning methodologies and the associated
- Experience in defense project planning, proposal and program management.
- Experience with system simulation and system requirements, weapon systems employment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance. U.S. citizenship
is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience in high voltage electrical breakdown phenomena.
- Experience in corona discharging effects.
- Familiarity with techniques in avoiding electrical arcing in waveguide/coaxial
- Propensity for learning through self-study, and being comfortable in a multi-tasking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience leading smalls design teams.
- Understanding of allocating and flowing down requirements from the system to
the component level.
- Experience in technical writing and proposal writing.
- Patents, papers, and publications in related technical field.
- Prior active participation in a mentorship or coaching program involving several
junior or mid-level engineers.
- Experience working in a production and DoD environment.
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance with interim
- Masters Degree or PhD.
- Active Secret DoD security clearance.
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced
professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond
with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career
development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include
parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards,
educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US
citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial
Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles
and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security
Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring
and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan
region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson
is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets
residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
About Raytheon Missile & Defense
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies,
including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command
and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage
threats. Our technology helps protect citizens, soldiers and critical infrastructure
around the world. If you're ready to apply your skills and talents to a challenging
and rewarding career, explore our opportunities today and join the Raytheon Missiles &
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Senior Recruiter – Engineering
Human Resources – Talent Acquisition
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
1151 E. Hermans Road
Tucson, AZ 85756
Posted May 13, 2022