RF, microwave, and wireless engineer,
technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent
List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
We're looking for people who want to disrupt RF monitoring.
We're an ambitious, diverse, closely knit team of RF experts who are driven to
redefine how 5G wireless spectrum is monitored and managed. If you're team focused,
willing to work hard to change the game, and are compelled to innovate, we'll put
you in a position to make a difference.
thinkRF Products and Services
Our Call to Action
More and more, wireless spectrum is fundamental to our society. How do we best
ensure this critical resource is always available and properly managed? The current
approaches are cumbersome, expensive, and ineffective. We see the world differently.
We are developing cutting edge solutions and deploying them with world class partners
to deliver disruptive solutions that keep our world humming. We aren't interested
in "more of the same," we are all about better. We love challenges and delivering
over and above what our customers expect.
thinkRF has an opportunity for a Senior RF Engineer who can provide technical
leadership and innovation to support the next stage in our company's growth. In
this role, you would be responsible for the design, simulation, development, and
testing of RF circuits and systems for application in wideband radio receivers spanning
from DC all the way up to mm wave. The position is based in Ottawa, Canada and under
current COVID-19 conditions has flexibility to work from home however, there will
be times when it is required to work from the labs (3-5 days/week).
You will hold the primary engineering responsibility for electrical design tasks
including requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition,
component selection, circuit simulation, symbol creation, schematic capture, and
board layout. As the Senior RF Engineer, you will own schedules, cost, and have
technical responsibility at the board or subsystem level.
In this role, you will:
- Design advanced RF Products from VLF to mm-wave, addressing DFM and DFT considerations
during the design process
- Develop test plans, then test and debug RF circuits and systems
- Produce, review and maintain all associated design and test documentation
- Estimate RF hardware design tasks, identifying risks, and planning development
- Conduct design reviews
- Work with the operations team to introduce new designs into production; and
- Work on sustaining issues related to designs
Building on your engineering experience, some of the key qualifications for this
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters degree preferred with RF
- 7 - 10 years of broadly based design, modeling and test experience with RF/microwave
circuits and systems
- In depth knowledge of RF circuit design including receiver architectures
- Proficiency in the use of software design and simulation tools (such as Mentor
Graphics, Cadence (NI-AWR), Modelithics), SPICE, Microwave Office and Keysight ADS
- Experience implementing frequency synthesizers using PLLs
- The ability to guide and participate in the layout of RF/mm Wave circuits
- Strong RF circuit testing and debugging skills
- Experience developing test fixtures for a variety of circuits and devices
- General familiarity with embedded software development and integration
- Proficiency in the use of RF/electronic test equipment (such as vector network
analyzer, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, or logic analyzer)
- Good working knowledge of receiver planning for gain, NF, linearity and spurious
- Experience implementing active circuits at frequencies of > 20GHz
- Strong filter design and implementation skills using lumped and distributed
- Work experience with wireless communication systems
- Working understanding of embedded processor control of RF elements; and
- Signal integrity at the PCB level
- Self-starter, capable of taking initiative to identify and resolve problems,
and improve work environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Team player who is able to build consensus and work cooperatively
- Strong communication skills; and
- Ability to successfully deliver on committed project deadlines
Why Work for Us?
Benefits and Our Culture
We're not fans of mediocrity. We ask a lot of our team members, and in return
we provide excellent benefits and a healthy work environment.
WE WANT YOU HEALTHY
Medical, Dental, Vision. Check off all the boxes, you're covered.
WE WANT YOU TO FEEL VALUED
You can expect a competitive salary and ownership. Every employee has equity
WE WANT YOU HERE FOR THE LONG RUN
Staying sharp means taking a step away to recharge. We have a generous paid time
off program and flexible hours to balance between life and work.
WE WANT YOU TO GROW WITH US You can expect to continuously learn and develop
your technical and professional skills. We love a good challenge and we love to
innovate, which provides us all with tons of opportunity to grow.
WE WANT YOU TO FEEL SUPPORTED AND HAVE FUN
We hire people that others like to work with. Our culture is important to us,
and part of that includes having fun together.
To Join the thinkRF Team:
Email your resume in confidence to
specifying the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of
thinkRF is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from candidates
of all backgrounds, origins, ages, orientations, genders, creeds and religions.
thinkRF accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection
process, and beyond. If contacted regarding your application to this position, please
advise us of any accommodations you may require.
thinkRF is the leader in software-defined spectrum analysis platforms that monitor,
detect and analyze complex waveforms in today’s rapidly evolving wireless landscape.
By providing more flexibility, greater coverage, increased functionality and better
ROI, thinkRF solutions are ideal for regulatory and intelligence monitoring, telecom
deployment optimization and RF application development. With open APIs and proven
integrations, thinkRF offers the only compact and networkable spectrum analyzer
that can be deployed without a PC and the best price to performance on the market.
VP, Human Resources
Posted April 4, 2022