All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder
employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly those who are fresh
out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would
make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to be interviewed
for a job.
Click here for the complete list of
RF Cafe Quizzes.
Note: Some material based on books have quoted passages.
Return to RF Cafe Quiz #29
This quiz is based on the information presented in Cognitive Radar: The Knowledge-aided Fully Adaptive Approach , by Joseph R. Guerci. Published by Artech House.
Note: Some of these books are available as prizes in the monthly RF Cafe Giveaway.
1. What is meant by "cognitive" radar?
a) Ability to ignore non-relevant to enhance relevant targets. (see page 14)
2. What are 3 examples of applications for cognitive radar?
a) Removal of heterogeneous clutter, manmade structures, non-stationary electronics sources. (see page 15)
3. What is an intelligent method to overcome memory access latency problems?
d) Use look-ahead prediction. (see page 28)
4. What does the acronym SINR stand for?
b) Signal-to-Interference-plus-Noise Ratio. (see page 18)
5. What is signal "whitening?"
d) Removing the "color," or non-randomness components of noise. (see page 39)
6. How does multipath affect a radar signal?
d) All of the above. (see page 42)
7. What is a primary feature of MIMO (Multi-Input-Multi-Output) radar?
a) Both Tx and Rx are optimized. (see page 35)
8. Which channel characteristics generally depend on the transmit spatio-temporal signals?
a) Transmit-dependent channel estimation. (see page 96)
9. What information does Doppler provide?
10. Who is the author of "Cognitive Radar?" (don't look back at the top of the page)
c) Joseph Guerci