|TEMPEST (Transient ElectroMagnetic Pulse Emanating Surveillance Technology) is a code word and technology developed by the U.S. government in the 1950's that concerns the prevention of electromagnetic emanations from electronic equipment of sufficient magnitude to be intercepted and used by outside entities. That TEMPEST is a highly protected subject, shrouded in secrecy, is evidenced by the elusiveness of finding real information on the Internet - a large majority of the referenced pages are gone now. The sites listed below are good starting points with lots of links.|
Your mission, if you should decide to accept it, is to actually locate the truly useful sites. Good luck, Mr. Phelps. This page will self-destruct in ten seconds...
- The Complete - Unofficial TEMPEST Page - one-stop TEMPEST shopping.
- Tempest, Inc. - TEMPEST, EMSEC CE Mark FCC electromagnetic compatibility wireless, EMC, shielding effectiveness.
- Echelon News - NSA's "ear-in-the-sky" site.
(this site might be going away)
- 497th Intelligence Group - USAF's special intelligence services.
- Federation of American Scientists - FAS's collection of electronic security info.
- InfoSEC - from SPAWAR Systems Center.
- Computer Security Basics
by Deborah Russell, G. T. Gangemi
Paperback - 464 pages
- Deborah Russell provides a broad introduction to the many areas of computer security and a detailed description of how the government sets standards and guidelines for security products. The book describes complicated concepts such as trusted systems, encryption and mandatory access control in simple terms, and includes an introduction to the "Orange Book."
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas
and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer.
The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available
in the form of WYSIWYG
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text
used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website: AirplanesAndRockets.com