All RF Cafe Quizzes make great fodder for
employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly those who are
fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it,
they would make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going
to be interviewed for a job. Bonne chance, Viel Glück, がんばろう,
buena suerte, удачи, in bocca al lupo, 행운을 빕니다,
ádh mór, בהצלחה, lykke til, 祝你好運.
Well, you know what I mean: Good luck!
Click here for the complete list of
RF Cafe Quizzes.
Note: Some material based on books have
1. What is a "radar mile?"
a) 1 nautical mile
b) 1 statute mile
c) 12.36 µs
2. Which best describes a bistatic radar?
a) Fixed transmitter and fixed receiver at different locations
b) Uses static electricity for both transmitted and received signals
c) Only detects fixed (non-moving) targets
3. What is a radar cross-section (RCS)?
a) An engineering isometric drawing showing a slice through the equipment rack(s)?
b) A target's reflection coefficient relative to a perfectly reflecting spherical
surface of 1 m2 cross-section
c) The plane through which a radar signal passes through a target
4. What are common units of radar cross-section (RCS)?
5. Who is known as "The Father of Radar?"
a) Robert Watson-Watt
b) Walter Eugene O'Reilly
c) Albert Einstein
6. Which flying (movement) condition will always result in a Doppler speed of
a) Perfectly constant speed into/out of the antenna boresight
b) Perfect concentric circle around antenna at constant altitude
c) Speeds at integer multiples of antenna rotation rate
7. What does "MTI" stand for?
a) Multiple Target Indication
b) Mean Time Interval
c) Moving Target Indication
8. Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) radar is mostly likely to be located on which
a) Police car
9. Which feature of a "stealth" aircraft is most responsible for its low observability?
a) Radar absorbent paint
b) Multi-faceted surfaces
c) Minimal use of metals in airframe
10. What kind of radar did the webmaster of RF Cafe work on while in the U.S.A.F?
Need some help? Click here
for the answers and explanations.
Related Pages on RF Cafe
- Radar Equation, 2-Way
Radar Equation, 1-Way
Radar Equation, Bistatic
- Radar Techniques - Primer (1945
- Radar Postage Stamps
RF Cafe Quiz #7 - Radar Principles
AN/MPN-14 USAF Radar Shop
AN/TPN-19 USAF Radar Shop
EW/Radar Handbook - Doppler Shift
Doppler Shift Calculator
Identification Friend or Foe
- Radar Horizon / Line
- Radar Systems Vendors
NEETS Radar Principles
Radar System Vendors
- Radar Design Resources
- Who Invented Radar?
Simple Modification Increases ATC Reliability
Posted October 11, 2019