RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2022
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
The following table gives equation and schematic transforms necessary to convert normalized lowpass filter prototype values (1 rad/sec cutoff, 1 Ω source & load impedance).
R = source/load resistance in Ω
CProto, LProto = prototype lowpass capacitor or
C, L = denormalized capacitor or inductor value,
FUpper & FLower = upper and lower cutoff
Final C and L values will be in farads (F) and
|Type||Transform Equation||Transform Schematic|
|Related Pages on RF Cafe
- Filter Transfer Functions
- Filter Equivalent Noise Bandwidth
- Filter Prototype Denormalization
- Filter Design Resources
- Bessel Filter Poles
- Bessel Filter Prototype Element Values
- Butterworth Lowpass Filter Poles
- Butterworth Filter Prototype Element Values
- Chebyshev Lowpass Filter Poles
- Chebyshev Filter Prototype Element Values
- Monolithic Ceramic Block Combline Bandpass
- Coupled Microstrip Filters: Simple Methodologies for