Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Radio Theme Crossword Puzzle
August 29, 2021
This Radio Theme crossword puzzle for August 29th, 2021, contains only words
and clues related to engineering, mathematics, chemistry, physics, and other technical
words. As always, this crossword contains no names of politicians, mountain ranges,
exotic foods or plants, movie stars, or anything of the sort unless it/he/she is
related to this puzzle's technology theme (e.g.,
or the Bikini
Atoll). The technically inclined cruciverbalists amongst us will appreciate
the effort. Enjoy!
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of
RF Cafe is prohibited.
acr. = acronym, abbr. = abbreviation, pl. = plural, wds. = words
2. Chemical symbol for radon
3. Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
vs. length of a computer display
5. Decibels above or below a dipole antenna,
6. Chemical symbol for selenium
7. Software for circuit or system design
10. Performing a quantum event by penetrating a seemingly impassable barrier
12. Field Effect Transistor
14. Audio Frequency
15. Electromagnetic, abbr.
16. Peripheral Component Interface
18. Chemical symbol for strontium
battlefield technique, abbr.
22. The Microwave Office company, abbr.
abbreviation for transceiver
26. Error checking scheme, abbr.
voltage of a waveform
29. Type of current
30. Official Space Shuttle designation
32. Chemical symbol for tantalum
33. Microhenry, abbr.
36. Chemical symbol
37. Chemical symbol for antimony
39. Amateur Television
41. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
43. Defense contractor
46. Antenna structure that connects directly to the feed
48. Chemical symbol for californium
50. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
51. Antenna manufacturer in Merlin, OR
53. Bill & Dave's company
to an EE or an IE, for physical parts
58. Greek letter
59. Surface Mount Device,
63. Local Oscillator
65. Galilean moon
67. Wire diameter unit, abbr.
69. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
74. Si or GaAs based device,
77. Type of modulation, abbr.
79. 1/000 of an inch
80. Digital Storage
84. European equivalent to the U.L.
86. Electrical safety organization,
88. Morse Code for "from"
90. Home state of Los Alamos lab
unit of length
94. Instruments for Industry, Ronkonkoma, NY, abbr.
by which a body moves back and forth through a central neutral position
invented by John Napier that allows the processes of multiplication and division
to be replaced by addition and subtraction
101. Armored cable type
symbol for polonium
103. Made self-controlling
105. Digital Storage Oscilloscope
107. PC follower
108. Test Point
109. Amplifier Solutions Corporation, abbr.
111. Chemical symbol for mendelevium
113. Chemical symbol for bismuth
116. Personal Digital Assistant
119. Transformer interwinding
120. Chemical symbol for europium
122. Chemical symbol for radium
123. 30 Hz to 300 Hz
125. Mate to an RX
126. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
129. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
130. Shorthand for liquid oxygen
132. Chemical symbol for neodymium
134. Chemical symbol for silicon
87. Chemical symbol for neon
88. Decimeter, abbr.
89. Chemical symbol for
91. Local Oscillator
92. Government program to bring electricity to farms
93. Electromagnetic Interference. abbr.
95. Part of a FOR loop
96. Type of
98. Foot, abbr.
100. Logarithmic ratio
102. Ratio of circumference
104. Opposite of I.D.
106. Brand of hobby knife
symbol for gold
110. Global System for Mobile Communications
112. End of soldering
113. Base Station Transceivers
114. Ad-hoc on demand distance vector
116. 10^-12 numerical prefix
117. Used lubricant
118. Thing in a bill of material
121. Length times width
124. Greek letter
125. Logic family
128. Test equipment manufacturer now known as Agilent
Leaded component type
131. Chemical symbol for iron
132. A measure of receiver
133. Unix, Linux or Windows
135. BlackBerry, Jordana, etc.
136. Transmit Incremental Tuning, abbr.
1. Ham's code for "Does my frequency vary?"
5. Digital Signal Processor
8. Chemical symbol for niobium
9. Chemical symbol for beryllium
11. Band between
RF and BB
16. Chemical symbol for plutonium
17. Metal parts
engineers, abbr., pl.
19. Finite-Element Model
20. Engineering Change Notice,
21. UMTS terrestrial radio access, abbr.
23. Einstein's paradoxical
25. Adjacent Channel Power Ratio
28. ISDN BRI channel
31. Total Radiated Power
32. Greek letter
34. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany,
35. Amateur radio abbreviation for the Oceania region
signal route, pl.
38. Chemical symbol for tin
39. Chemical symbol for argon
40. Chemical symbol for bromine
42. PC follower
43. Negation prefix
Unit of time, abbr.
47. Voltage-Controlled Oscillator
49. Enhanced Graphics
52. Chemical symbol for rhodium
54. Chemical symbol for francium
55. Time delay, abbr.
56. Chemical symbol for manganese
57. Innovative Power
Products, Holbrook, NY, abbr.
59. Adjust a pot
60. Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
61. Original equipment manufacturer, abbr.
62. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
64. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss
66. Chemical symbol for nobelium
Greek letter (micro)
70. Switch position
71. ___/IP communications
72. Atmosphere, abbr.
73. Chemical symbol for lithium
symbol for magnesium
76. Chemical symbol for nickel
77. Femtofarad, abbr.
78. Electronic warfare defense, abbr.
80. Direct Memory Access
82. Line of Sight
83. High-speed logic family, abbr.
85. One port of an amplifier
See solution below