August 1962 Electronics World
Table of Contents
Wax nostalgic about and learn from the history of early electronics. See articles
Electronics World, published May 1959
- December 1971. All copyrights hereby acknowledged.
crossword puzzle was published in the August 1962 issue of Electronic World.
Crosswords were a fairly standard feature in magazines up through the late last
century. Keeping with tradition , every week (usually) I create an engineering-themed
crossword puzzle that uses a hand-selected collection of a couple thousand words
and clues from a dictionary I built over the last 20 years. Unlike most crosswords
seen in technical and hobby publications,
RF Cafe crosswords contain only relevant words - never filling in with the names
of movie stars, obscure countries, or portmanteaus relating to social oddities.
N. F. Lavigne, Jr.
1. Variable resistor.
4. Light amplifier.
9. A wirewound #1 Across.
13. Old English.
14. One volt across one ohm =.
15. Weight (pl.).
19. Sly glance.
21. "J" scan pattern.
22. All the inductance in the circuit (schematic notation).
23. Unit of force.
26. Rare gas.
28. Formula for "E."
30. Chemical symbol.
31. Gm x rp.
32. Egyptian sun god.
33. We must, before we walk.
36. Organization for reformed drinkers.
37. Crystal cut.
38. First letter.
39. Every actor needs one.
41. Carry (colloq.).
44. Gas in auto exhaust.
45. Velocity (abbr.).
47. Schematic notation.
49. 60 cps, for instance (abbr.).
53. Tube element.
56. Popular import from Puerto Rico.
58. It appears in Ohm's Law.
59. Used in digital computers.
60. Not me.
61. Its frequency is lower than r.f.
1. Opposite of theoretical.
2. Unit of resistance.
4. California city (fam.).
6. Meter often found in ham rigs.
7. Period of time.
8. Vibrates at natural frequency.
10. English digraph.
11. Parts list abbreviation.
12. British for video.
16. Metal in its natural state.
17. Inductive reactance.
20. It designates voltage.
24. Vertical axis.
25. Tune current for this in a parallel resonant circuit.
27. Speaks eloquently.
29. Means of transportation (abbr.).
31. Small current.
34. Part of a circle.
35. It handles the low frequencies.
40. All inclusive.
43. Has a very short wavelength.
48. Charged particle.
50. E/I = .
51. Which (Lat.).
54. Unknown in a formula, indicating a specific quantity.
57. Amplification factor.
58. Heterodyned frequency (abbr.).
Here are other electronics-themed crossword puzzles from vintage electronics
magazines (RF Cafe
Answer to Electronics Crosswords
Posted June 9, 2021