Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Engineering & Science Humor #2
These tech-centric jokes,
song parodies, anecdotes and assorted humor have been collected from friends and
websites across the Internet. This humor is light-hearted and sometimes slightly
offensive to the easily-offended, so you are forewarned. It is all workplace-safe.
- Insidious Computer Viruses
- Here's a humorous list of appropriately named viruses
Can You Recognize Engineers By The Way They Look? - This is a
funny article written by Robert Lucky in the November 2003 edition of Spectrum magazine
- Why Golf Is the Best Sport for the Fans
- Since golf is a favorite pasttime of engineers, this is a fitting topic - humorous
- The Guys' Rules - We always hear
"the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.
- An English Grammar Lesson -
Here are several very important but often forgotten rules of English
Early 21st Century Office Terms - A little comic relief
- The Knack - Turn your
sound down for this one - it talks
Computer Day - Turn your volume level down a little (not real loud)
- Yesterday - A Beatles(tm) parody
Darwin Awards for 2003 - This appears to be the official website for the Darwin
Awards. "Darwin Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves
from it." The archive goes back quite a few years.
- Reward Offered - Some EE humor
to raise the spirit
- Astronomical Aphorisms
- Things astronomers say
- Things You'll Never
Hear A Southerner Say - I live there, trust me on this
- How Many AA Batteries To Power
A Human? - Sure, you can find flaws in the calculation's assumptions, but it's
an interesting exercise.
- Prophetic Quotes - Open mouth,
insert foot (from the Inflection Point website)
- An Engineer's View of Santa's Yearly
Trip - Oh, ye of little faith...
- Insultingly Stupid
Movie Physics - You know it to be so, but here some real physics that explain
just why that stuff is so hokey!
- The Al-Gebra Movement - A menace to
- Downsizing At the North
Pole - I had this last year, but forgot to post it. Fortunately, things are
looking up a year later, so maybe it won't be as relevant.
- Mommas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow
Up To Be Engineers - Sung to the familiar Willy Nelson tune about Cowboys
- Aptronyms - These are peoples' names
that are "apt" for their chosen professions - pretty funny
- Astronomy's 10 Commandments
- These are pretty good - enjoy!
Online Digital Clock - I guarantee you have never seen a digital clock quite
like this one! - by Yugo Nakamura
- You Know You're In California When...
- Sorry, but it's been earned ;-)
Find the Man's Head - This is one of those right-brain/left-brain challenges
- Spell Checking - Azaming raecserh
form Cabgmirde Uivrenstiy
- What A Difference A Century Makes - Here
are some stats from 1903
- You Might Be A Redneck Pilot If...
- I saw this stuff on a T-shirt at an air show this weekend
- Universal Law for Naive Engineers
- Computer Nerd T-Shirt Slogans -
No comment needed
- Managerese vs. Engineerese - ...an
- Interrelational Mathematics
- Commit these formulas to memory!
- 13 Things That Will Make You Go, "Hmmm..."
- Here are some interesting tidbits that were listed in this past Sunday's Best
- Math in America's High Schools - Funny...or
- Barney Is Satan - Some of us always
suspected so, now here's proof!
- WiFi Speed Spray
- This revolutionary product is guaranteed to enhance the transfer of computer data
through the air. You'll be amazed! (thanks to Cornell for the tip)
Visit BasicJokes.com for "Clean Jokes in a Dirty World"